Dyche; A Great Achievement?

He really hasnt done anything remarkable.

As we have seen the last 3 games we have a decent group of players capable of grinding out wins.

Which only makes the 4 months without a win stand out so much.

I notice that when we were losing the players were to blame, but when we win the Manager gets all the praise.

It really doesnt work like that, soz.

But anyway, hes done the job he set out to do, so as I say, I am willing to give him a transfer window and till Xmas to see which Dyche we get next Season.

The 4 months without a win or the 3 in 3 Gaffer.

I think (although at least the back end of it was worrying), concentrating on any one result or even any series of results in a season is pointless and it's better to focus on the overall season

I think I've said on here before that 45 points was my target before the season started (which would have represented a 25% improvement on last season). We are on 44 with 3 to play.

Against the backdrop of everything else that's gone on, that's pretty remarkable IMO

You're also saying that this group of players are "decent", despite two years of very much otherwise evidence. The difference between the last two years and this season is a full season of Dyche.

I think (although at least the back end of it was worrying), concentrating on any one result or even any series of results in a season is pointless and it's better to focus on the overall season

I think I've said on here before that 45 points was my target before the season started (which would have represented a 25% improvement on last season). We are on 44 with 3 to play.

Against the backdrop of everything else that's gone on, that's pretty remarkable IMO

You're also saying that this group of players are "decent", despite two years of very much otherwise evidence. The difference between the last two years and this season is a full season of Dyche.
I really wish I could ignore the 4 months without a win and the 2 home defeats to Luton, but I cant.

But yes, that was the past, the current is 3 wins from 3 and safe with 3 games to spare, hence me saying I am ok with him being given another "season".

I just dont think hes done a great job, a very decent job, for sure, but this, this is a LOT.

remarkable.jpg

Surely all that matters is him being the 44 points* with 3 games remaining manager?

We have such a small squad with holes all over it that an injury or two or someone in bad form can mess us up really badly.
No, what matters now is future direction.
You only need the firefighter to put out the fire.
You need the builder to rebuild your house.
Dyche could probably knock up a garden shed like if that’s all you require.

I really wish I could ignore the 4 months without a win and the 2 home defeats to Luton, but I cant.

But yes, that was the past, the current is 3 wins from 3 and safe with 3 games to spare, hence me saying I am ok with him being given another "season".

I just dont think hes done a great job, a very decent job, for sure, but this, this is a LOT.

View attachment 254593
I don't have an axe to grind here. There was a point it felt very much like the arse had fallen out of the whole thing, and it wasn't that long ago.

Where we differ I think is that I think you have to judge the whole and deem it acceptable or not, rather than focusing on individual parts of it (which were absolutely not acceptable in some instances).

Think there are a few here who've never given him a chance and their opinions become moot as a result, but I accept your concerns here.

Whether we liked it or not, he wasn't going anywhere this summer for a variety of reasons anyway.

I don't have an axe to grind here. There was a point it felt very much like the arse had fallen out of the whole thing, and it wasn't that long ago.

Where we differ I think is that I think you have to judge the whole and deem it acceptable or not, rather than focusing on individual parts of it (which were absolutely not acceptable in some instances).

Think there are a few here who've never given him a chance and their opinions become moot as a result, but I accept your concerns here.

Whether we liked it or not, he wasn't going anywhere this summer for a variety of reasons anyway.
Well, I still believe he would have been sacked if we lost to Burnley, but its a pretty moot point at this time.

I am willing to see the season as a whole, hence me no longer demanding his sacking after the Liverpool game, I have admitted I am very fickle.

So I think back to how I felt in that large period of no wins, but then all I can picture is Dom at the Street End and everything is ok in the world again.

I am made up he kept us up and he did well considering everything that was against him but there have been some really poor periods too and I don't see him as the future of Everton. We have become a club that celebrates staying in the league. I know that is not completely down to the manager as the whole club is a shambles but i want better than this bollox tbh. Sick to death of it now. We cannot even get a proper owner without it being doomy before they even buy us.

Just want us to be better across the board i guess.

I am made up he kept us up and he did well considering everything that was against him but there have been some really poor periods too and I don't see him as the future of Everton. We have become a club that celebrates staying in the league. I know that is not completely down to the manager as the whole club is a shambles but i want better than this bollox tbh. Sick to death of it now. We cannot even get a proper owner without it being doomy before they even buy us.

Just want us to be better across the board i guess.

he’s done well bigger picture.

right now he’s the right man we aren’t worth jack in the footballing world anymore