Dyche; A Great Achievement?

He really hasnt done anything remarkable.

As we have seen the last 3 games we have a decent group of players capable of grinding out wins.

Which only makes the 4 months without a win stand out so much.

I notice that when we were losing the players were to blame, but when we win the Manager gets all the praise.

It really doesnt work like that, soz.

But anyway, hes done the job he set out to do, so as I say, I am willing to give him a transfer window and till Xmas to see which Dyche we get next Season.

The 4 months without a win or the 3 in 3 Gaffer.

If you consider that Dyche has played an entire season with…
1) A totally misfiring forward line, whose best player was perma-injured.
2) Two wingers, one of whom has no pace, the other cannot cross.
3) no functioning left back
4) a midfield entirely devoid of creativity
5) an owner who wants off
6) new owners who neither the fans nor the Prem want appointed
7) finances that are run by coco the clown
8) points being deducted, returned, then deducted again

If Klopp, Guardiola, Pochetino had to put up with what he has had to put up with the media would be out in force saying what miracle workers they were.
If Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Forest or Sheffield had survived under those constraints the press would be hailing them to the skies.

Fully agree, some of our football has been turgid, but we have a very mediocre squad.

Dyche has handled the politics and press well.

He's got us over line, with room to spare.

He's done a fantastic job.

As we have seen the last 3 games we have a decent group of players capable of grinding out wins.

I notice that when we were losing the players were to blame, but when we win the Manager gets all the praise.

But anyway, hes done the job he set out to do, so as I say, I am willing to give him a transfer window and till Xmas to see which Dyche we get next Season.

The 4 months without a win or the 3 in 3 Gaffer.
Surely all that matters is him being the 44 points* with 3 games remaining manager?

We have such a small squad with holes all over it that an injury or two or someone in bad form can mess us up really badly.

….you really must do better ;)

IMG_8774.jpeg

The 4 months without a win or the 3 in 3 Gaffer

What four months mate?
Won in December?
Beat palace in January?

Surely all that matters is him being the 44 points* with 3 games remaining manager?

We have such a small squad with holes all over it that an injury or two or someone in bad form can mess us up really badly.
We have a small squad but in that period we had no major injuries and he kept playing the same failing players week after week.

But yes, all that matters is the points at the end, but that doesnt make it remarkable, for me.

He did a competent job and for that he should be "rewarded" by retaining his job and seeing if he can kick on next season.
What four months mate?
Won in December?
Beat palace in January?
We play in the Premier League.

Just let me slightly counter this mate, with some reality

1) A totally misfiring forward line, whose best player was perma-injured - Dom has played 90% of games this year; plus he has Beto, Chermiti and at a push Danjuma available

2) Two wingers, one of whom has no pace, the other cannot cross. - he pushed for Jack Harrison in the summer, as well as being a fond fan of Dwight McNeil

3) no functioning left back - Vitaly Mykolenko has again played the majority of the season, he’s also a fully fledged international footballer

4) a midfield entirely devoid of creativity - Whilst Gueye is limited with his range of passing and very inconsistent; both Garna and Onana are very tidy and composed on the ball.

He did also force one of the most inept technical players at the club, into the side and continued to play him no matter what

5) an owner who wants off - agreed, but that doesn’t really impact how you set up

6) new owners who neither the fans nor the Prem want appointed - as above

7) finances that are run by coco the clown - as above, but yes this does hold a bit more weight as it impacts any movement in January

8) points being deducted, returned, then deducted again - agreed, the mental strain probably impacted the players, but we did win 4 on the bounce, “PUTTING THE HARD YARDS IN”, right after the first deduction. Did it sort of helped, or didn’t. I mean at the time everyone said it galvanised us

I like point 8 the best. He should have done better because he benefited from the points deduction.

I think he's done exceptionally well considering everything that's happened off field..selling players, unable to recruit, don't underestimate the impact those points deductions could have had on the squad. I think he's done really well.

We have a small squad but in that period we had no major injuries and he kept playing the same failing players week after week.

But yes, all that matters is the points at the end, but that doesnt make it remarkable, for me.

He did a competent job and for that he should be "rewarded" by retaining his job and seeing if he can kick on next season.

We play in the Premier League.
Well just out of interest what changes would you have made? (Ashley Young aside of course).

I don't totally disagree with you to be honest, Personally I think he has done well under tough circumstances but we need to keep managers to the length of their contract and not keep adding more years for a bit as its costing us massively.

He will never stand a chance of staying here for more than a couple of seasons as for some his card is already marked and has been since he came here. Same as we do for most managers. I reckon we need a complete (relatively) unknown next time without any baggage. Lets hope we wont need to do that for a while though.

Glad to see the season end to be honest, he’s done his job in avoiding another last week debacle and he deserves credit.

Going forward the club has to change, we’ve become small time and the new stadium has to be the symbol of a new better Everton that can eventually give the fans something truly great to celebrate.

Whoever takes over has to back the manager with a group of people superior to what we’ve had in the past. Get rid of the culture and change it to one to win. Otherwise what’s the point ?

Also his only job was to keep us up and he's done that. We would all love a team that plays quality expansive football but we don't have the players or resources for this. He's done it in very difficult circumstances

Well just out of interest what changes would you have made? (Ashley Young aside of course).

I don't totally disagree with you to be honest, Personally I think he has done well under tough circumstances but we need to keep managers to the length of their contract and not keep adding more years for a bit as its costing us massively.

He will never stand a chance of staying here for more than a couple of seasons as for some his card is already marked and has been since he came here. Same as we do for most managers. I reckon we need a complete (relatively) unknown next time without any baggage. Lets hope we wont need to do that for a while though.
I dont even hate Ashley Young as much as most, at times I think hes done ok.

Other than him trying his best to get sent off and give away pens, so I do understand the hate he gets, but I just think at times hes done ok.

But its not about personal for me, its about mindset, getting the players in the right frame of mind to win games, something he failed to do for most of the season sadly.

I dont like him and I dont rate him.

I think hes done a decent job this season, hes kept us up with games to spare with a multitude of points deductions, which means I am willing to not demand hes sacked this summer. Thats about as far as my praise will go, which is pretty good of me I feel?

Tough hard Summer coming up for this club, so lets see what the squad looks like in September and then take it from there.