2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
..when Sandro has played the lone striker role we’ve looked totally impotent. Indeed, I think the last game it had to be changed at half-time. Anything played up to him came back. Similar to Niasse, he’ll exploit the space behind the back four which usually means he needs somebody like DCL to play off.

I think the options for targetman are DCL and perhaps Rooney.

DCL - 1 goal against Hull at Goodison in 21 league games mate.

Not good enough and a team struggling for goals can't play a striker who has never shown he can score goals at this level, Rooney can't play target man mate, he loses the ball too much, and can't maintain discipline to stay in position.

Rather see Sigurdsson playing there than any of the current mob

DCL - 1 goal against Hull at Goodison in 21 league games mate.

Not good enough and a team struggling for goals can't play a striker who has never shown he can score goals at this level, Rooney can't play target man mate, he loses the ball too much, and can't maintain discipline to stay in position.

Rather see Sigurdsson playing there than any of the current mob

..i’m just thinking of the team shape. The poster suggested Sandro but the times he’s played up there we looked particularly bad. I really don’t see many options. Sigurdsson is interesting, I suppose he couldn’t do any worst.

..i’m just thinking of the team shape. The poster suggested Sandro but the times he’s played up there we looked particularly bad. I really don’t see many options. Sigurdsson is interesting, I suppose he couldn’t do any worst.

Not often but he has actually played there a few times for club and country, right now I'd take him in that spot over Rooney - who painfully obviously is not a striker anymore, and sad to say it, looks finished as a player - one or two moments per game he can turn the clock back with a goal or sublime pass, but for the other 89 minutes he just looks done, clear his minds willing but his body just isn't able to react the way he wants anymore.

Trying to avoid the scapegoat lark, but honestly think the biggest mistake was bringing Rooney back, created massive confusion in our shape and upsetting the settling in of the other players we bought, brings in a player who both managers won't drop.

Motm? No way. A championship forward at this stage of his career and forgetting about his age has not performed anywhere near good enough to warrent sticking with him to lead us out of this mess. He will not score enough goals.
I judge performances in context of what we have in front of us during the game, not in comparison with another teams player.. I'm not advocating to stick with him, just comparing the 11/10 in blue for that particular 90 mins.

Off the boil ATM.....maybe injury to his face has knocked his confidence.....certainly needs to be more aware in front of goal & be more of a goal threat....

Reckon he needs a break and a few games on the bench. Think it was hard on the lad to go from bit part player the focal point of Everton's attack in the space of a couple of weeks - particularly when the service has been so poor.

Would like to see Sandro given a few games.

DCL seems a nice kid...and his 'lawn mower' groove was quite a thing to see...

But let's not fanny about here - he's not great is he?

ATM he's a miles away from prem standard - he may grow into a role, who knows, lower divisions and he'd prob bang a load in. But his returns here are gash, figures don't lie eh...and he's so often caught out positionally to the point of it being infuriating.

Again I ask - and I love/loved the guy - but Duncan doesn't seem to have done much to improv any CF's at all does he?

We mocked and guffawed at the DEENEY possibility some time ago.

I'd take him like a shot now like.

DCL seems a nice kid...and his 'lawn mower' groove was quite a thing to see...

But let's not fanny about here - he's not great is he?

ATM he's a miles away from prem standard - he may grow into a role, who knows, lower divisions and he'd prob bang a load in. But his returns here are gash, figures don't lie eh...and he's so often caught out positionally to the point of it being infuriating.

Again I ask - and I love/loved the guy - but Duncan doesn't seem to have done much to improv any CF's at all does he?

We mocked and guffawed at the DEENEY possibility some time ago.

I'd take him like a shot now like.
Ask Lukaku how much Dunc done for him.

Deeney....oh my...has it really come to this.

DCL he's at about the same stage as Kane was for his age. Maybe needs a loan period to start hitting the net regularly.
But let's not write the kid off just yet eh.

Ask Lukaku how much Dunc done for him.

Deeney....oh my...has it really come to this.

DCL he's at about the same stage as Kane was for his age. Maybe needs a loan period to start hitting the net regularly.
But let's not write the kid off just yet eh.

He's about the same age as Kane was at his age ? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.