2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha...
The other one I consider for that award you won't agree with(Rooney).. Only chose him because I thought Rooney could have played closer to him. He was doing a lot of heavy lifting alone till Niasse came on.

Tbh choosing a man of the match from that is virtually impossible. I'd probably go for Mirallas for a couple of pot shots and a nice through ball to Lennon, but it's Hobson's choice at the minute.

Tbh choosing a man of the match from that is virtually impossible. I'd probably go for Mirallas for a couple of pot shots and a nice through ball to Lennon, but it's Hobson's choice at the minute.
It's a toughie... I thought Mirallas did quite well up to a point and started fading, when Rooney started dropping deeper affecting the performance of all the attackers.

Keeps impressing me, my MOtM today.The problem I am having here is..
1. He is being ask to do too much for a striker. We all want to see effort from players but a striker that works too hard just doesn't score goals. Smarts.
2. Keeps straying away from position towards the ball. Shows why he hardly gets a shot on target. Patience.
3. Being used to inject pace into attack. By the time he gets into box, he is either tired or spaces have been closed off. Better support.
All this is down to tactical problems not being tackled by management. We are in danger of developing another second striker. He is learning his craft and should be taught the right way. Play around and off the shoulders of the CBs not off them, shooting chances don't come often in those areas.
You must have mud in your eyes. .. or be a fantastic popcorner

Underwhelmed by DCL. He has demonstrated glimpses of ability and potential, but in the dire straits we presently find ourselves, that won 't really suffice.
I'm not a huge fan of Ramirez, but reckon he's got to be given a shot.
Nothing to lose at the stage. We are going down as things stand.

Welcome back mate ;)

Just not good enough. Clear we couldn’t get in a top end striker. A bid should have went in for Troy Deeney or Levente from Swansea before he moved. At least they have a presence up top.

Keeps impressing me, my MOtM today.The problem I am having here is..
1. He is being ask to do too much for a striker. We all want to see effort from players but a striker that works too hard just doesn't score goals. Smarts.
2. Keeps straying away from position towards the ball. Shows why he hardly gets a shot on target. Patience.
3. Being used to inject pace into attack. By the time he gets into box, he is either tired or spaces have been closed off. Better support.
All this is down to tactical problems not being tackled by management. We are in danger of developing another second striker. He is learning his craft and should be taught the right way. Play around and off the shoulders of the CBs not off them, shooting chances don't come often in those areas.

Motm? No way. A championship forward at this stage of his career and forgetting about his age has not performed anywhere near good enough to warrent sticking with him to lead us out of this mess. He will not score enough goals.

Underwhelmed by DCL. He has demonstrated glimpses of ability and potential, but in the dire straits we presently find ourselves, that won 't really suffice.
I'm not a huge fan of Ramirez, but reckon he's got to be given a shot.

..when Sandro has played the lone striker role we’ve looked totally impotent. Indeed, I think the last game it had to be changed at half-time. Anything played up to him came back. Similar to Niasse, he’ll exploit the space behind the back four which usually means he needs somebody like DCL to play off.

I think the options for targetman are DCL and perhaps Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.