2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

We aren’t creating a lot of chances for Doucoure at all, but he is finding himself where the ball drops and importantly hitting it firmly on target. Dom hasn’t been forcing saves. Headers (difficult ones) flashing wide and over, the low balls coming in are getting stabbed wide instead of glanced on target, that one the other week where he looked offside controlling it in the centre of the goal and lashing it over from about 5 yards. Old fashioned, but needs to put his head down and his boot through his next few half chances.

It is tough being our lone striker. You aren’t allowed to saunter about pulling defenders around, making them hand responsibility for marking you back and forth, getting on their blind side. We make them come short, chase down channels, back into grocks trying to win Pickfords punts, and we rarely win any free kicks. Rom could barrel through a few challenges himself, could score the big number 9 goals, and pick up scraps and tap ins. Dom is going to get 1 big chance per game, but needs to score at least half of them.

For decades it’s been said that good strikers can barely touch the ball, get one chance and bury it. Not long ago there was genuine talk of teams like Arsenal wanting him for massive money. Needs to find something. I do think he could catch fire if he gets a scruffy one or we somehow get a penalty or 2.
How do you score half of one chance?

I just don’t get the love for him. I’m sorry. I know I’m in minority.

He’s not clinical.
He’s not “Dominant” in the air.
He’s not creative.
Blah blah

I just remember him having a flash but mostly tap ins and right place right time for a season.

For me we reached his cieling awhile ago.

In my opinion, we should move on.

For whatever reason he just seems uninterested and just going through motions.

Saying we can’t find better is just lunacy.

It’s frustrating. I wanted him to run wild

He lacks that killer instinct and that calmness under pressure.
The ability to just get some height on a shot when he's played through and the goalies diving down low to block.
His contribution with hold up play and working the channels works well with Dacoure pushing forward to link up. But on his own, he's not very capable.
Is it me or does he look like he's lost a ton of pace as well.?

He lacks that killer instinct and that calmness under pressure.
The ability to just get some height on a shot when he's played through and the goalies diving down low to block.
His contribution with hold up play and working the channels works well with Dacoure pushing forward to link up. But on his own, he's not very capable.
Is it me or does he look like he's lost a ton of pace as well.?

….regarding his pace, I’m a firm believer that athletes with severe thigh muscle injuries protect them, even subconsciously. They know it’s only a matter of time before they ‘pop’ so they’ll often play in 3rd gear.

I just don’t get the love for him. I’m sorry. I know I’m in minority.

He’s not clinical.
He’s not “Dominant” in the air.
He’s not creative.
Blah blah

I just remember him having a flash but mostly tap ins and right place right time for a season.

For me we reached his cieling awhile ago.

In my opinion, we should move on.

For whatever reason he just seems uninterested and just going through motions.

Saying we can’t find better is just lunacy.

It’s frustrating. I wanted him to run wild
When has he seemed uninterested?