2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched grays goal and noticed how rusty he is. He struggles to keep up with grays run. He then doesn’t hold his run to see what gray does and just keeps running into an offside position. He then doesn’t bother to try and get back onside and puts his head down in defeat when he thinks the chance has gone because gray didn’t cross early. He’s so unfit and off the pace of the game.
Still better than maupay.

Watched grays goal and noticed how rusty he is. He struggles to keep up with grays run. He then doesn’t hold his run to see what gray does and just keeps running into an offside position. He then doesn’t bother to try and get back onside and puts his head down in defeat when he thinks the chance has gone because gray didn’t cross early. He’s so unfit and off the pace of the game.
No surprise though mate and he was taken off not long after the goal as he was gassed.

Don't forget Lampard and Thelwell are relying on him and him alone to score around 25 goals between now and May to keep us up, and he'll only probably play about 10 games.

rubbish, Graeme Sharp was far from prolific but managed to bring the midfield into the game who scored loads because of that. Sharp was a great player for us with an average scoring record.
…and this is exactly the issue we run into when DCL isn’t playing. We can’t make the ball stick from clearances or long balls, so our only option is to try and pass through the opposition, which we don’t have the players to do effectively on a regular basis.

It baffles me that so many people can’t see that with their own eyes.

rubbish, Graeme Sharp was far from prolific but managed to bring the midfield into the game who scored loads because of that. Sharp was a great player for us with an average scoring record.
Very true, I loved Sharp and met him a couple of times on the train when he was travelling to Glasgow. On one occasion I was on the Saturday night train back to Carlisle having watched him at Goodison and couldn’t believe he was on the same train (2 hours after the final whistle) enroute to meeting up with the Scotland squad. A really nice guy and a proper gent. Unfortunately we don’t have our 80’s midfield!

Firstly I didn't watch the City match. So can't comment too much on his performance. But was anyone expecting a fantastic performance, not match fit against the best team in the land? Not like we've spent the last few matches making millions of chances.

Firstly I didn't watch the City match. So can't comment too much on his performance. But was anyone expecting a fantastic performance, not match fit against the best team in the land? Not like we've spent the last few matches making millions of chances.
If he was fit he had a dreadful game, his control was generally off, misplaced passes, slow in thought and running/getting backbend the play etc., however as you say, for his first game back against the best team in the country, he held the ball better than fit Maupey did, he won free kicks higher up the pitch, he moved defenders around and the defenders were more concerned about him than they were about Maupey. We look a more complete team with him in the side even when he is way off the pace or required standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.