Do you drink in The Brick with all the other scruffy ASBOs?

Are you a racist?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • They shouldn't be getting tickets, lad

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Special fried rice on toast.

Votes: 16 19.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've completely missed the point my friend, you're offended because the tweet is aimed at one of our "own".

I doubt you've ever questioned when the majority of fans call Liverpool supporters "Norwegians" or call Utd fans with half and half scarfs speaking with a Dublin accent "day trippers". Whats the difference ?

If you wish to bring hell down on the author of the tweet you yourself must ensure you're a purist otherwise you come across somewhat as lacking integrity even if your critique is valid.

The biggest problem that I can see is that someone has taken a picture of some innocent individual without their consent. Regardless of the unsavoury tone of the tweet, its completely unacceptable and a "snide" thing to do.

I mean I'm pretty sure the biggest issue is referring to the fans as 'kitchen sinks', no?

Inappropriate Behaviour
Absolutely disgusting. All we've heard over the past few years is how BMD is going to help build the club up and the international tourists will see it from the cruise ships and visit but then when these tourists are at the game little racist tw*ts come out with stuff like that.

I hope his crappy little business goes under.

Haha received a warning for this. Good to see where the moderator's priorities are. Must be a Brick regular.

Whilst the narrative is of course unsavoury, its important not to create a moral panic and give ammunition to the wider media to paint our fans in general in a poor light.

I imagine a good majority of our fans and those from other more "local" supported clubs have at one stage referenced Anfield, Old Trafford etc. being filled with "day trippers" which will often be based predominantly on the phsyical appearance / dialect of those in and around the ground.

It is wrong to assume the fan in the picture isn't local, it is however unfortunately something that isn't specific to the Brick or our fanbase - I have witnessed plenty of fans from numerous clubs make reference to the rows of chinese / asian fans sat in the front rows of grounds like Anfield, Emirates, Old Trafford etc.

The unfortunate reality is that US owners are buying up PL clubs because the league is going down the road of Americanised "franchises". The local fans have to accept that before long you wont be getting a ticket unless you're wealthy. I assume season tickets will slowly become a thing of the past.

Another reason why I care little if we go down as top flight football in this country just isn't the same as it once was.

You've completely missed the point my friend, you're offended because the tweet is aimed at one of our "own".

I doubt you've ever questioned when the majority of fans call Liverpool supporters "Norwegians" or call Utd fans with half and half scarfs speaking with a Dublin accent "day trippers". Whats the difference ?

If you wish to bring hell down on the author of the tweet you yourself must ensure you're a purist otherwise you come across somewhat as lacking integrity even if your critique is valid.

The biggest problem that I can see is that someone has taken a picture of some innocent individual without their consent. Regardless of the unsavoury tone of the tweet, its completely unacceptable and a "snide" thing to do.

Yet more pearls of wisdom from our no nonsense, tell em how it is, bottom feeding centrist.

Did you not see it was a racist tweet containing a racist slur?
Are you Frank Hester by any chance?

You just know the kind of Evertonian that fella was "yeah lad, I was conceived in the Park End toilets at half time in a 2-2 draw againt West Brom and I was born on the main stand concourse nine months later just after a 2-1 win over Middlesbrough! Never missed a game either home or away since. Proper blue me!"🙄
And my two kids are named Howard and Dixie lad!

Not just away games. Certain people who love the sound of their own voice on Everton spaces think you can only go the game if you live off County Road.

As for aways. If you go all year round, all over the country then of course you should get priority.

I don’t go to aways but at home, I couldn’t care less where the person who’s sat next to me comes from. As long as they are there to support Everton I don’t have a problem, and neither should anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.