do we get too personally attached to players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember reading once that he has Everton within his tattoo.

Yes, he has 'EFC' and 'MFC' integrated into his tatt...it's around the upper forearm area. He kissed it on his walkup to take the pen in the FA Semi last season and although he duly missed, at least it wasn't the kiss of death.

get-attachment.asp

Last edited:
As a new Everton follower, I haven't had time to form any emotional attachments with particular players... but I really like the chemistry the team members have with each other. That's something you don't necessarily see with a lot of teams (in many sports). And that gives the team a lot of heart.

I am attached to most the squad,specially Cahill,Mikel,Jags,Fellaini,Howard,Neville,Baines, Pienaar.

If any of those leave..I'll be kicking cans and cats around. Even when Hibbert decides to go or is retired I'll look back and think, "damn! he was a good player"

The only player that I feel attached to with my short time as a supporter would be Timmy Cahill. Every team has a heart and soul and Timmy is ours. And to make him a better heart and soul that RS and Gerrard is that he has never considered leaving for money and loves the club and is so passionate for it even if he didn't grow up with it in his life. It is that makes Cahill so great....along with his skills of course.

Kid , it was bad . Very bad , but not Bally , bad . I promise you .

Bally was SOLD on Dec 22nd , 1971 . I was an 8 year old - I'd been going for nearly five years by that stage - .
Xmas that year , was a brand new amber away kit , no. 8 - I was singularly left footed - , and a pair of spanking , white , Hummel , Alan Ball boots .
I actually took 2p and attempted to ring Harry Catterick . May I not wake up tomorrow if I'm telling lies .
Devastated , doesn't quite say it , lad .
Oh , and Bally cried upon leaving , and also , Dec 22nd is me Ma's birthday .
That year was a total wash-out .

Everon , eh ???

I feel your pain from that post. As much as it hurt though, I'd have took it if it meant I got to see someone of his ability on a regular basis. You loved & lost Alan Ball, I'm only fortunate enough to love the stories that I hear about him

i would say neville too, we all know he's a united fan but i truely believe he loves Everton, and like any decent captain would - he would also go down with his ship! All we want is loyalty, and the ones we love tend to be!!

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with him a few months after he signed about when he was watching United on the telly in Europe & he said something along the lines of "I realised I was watching the team I'd been at for most of my life & all I was thinking about was Everton's next game"

Really is a model professional

Too right we do.

So does Moyes.

Hence why he hasn't offloaded the excess baggage at our club yet. A la Tony Hibbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.