Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distin has a really annoying tendency to move the ball forward into space really well then to wait just a second too long to make a pass which means he ends up rushing it and skewing it. If he just made the pass slightly earlier then he'd be fine. Either that or he'll go for the long ball when he's got 3 midfielders around him begging for the ball. It's difficult for him because he's having to learn a whole new skillset under Martinez and in the main he's done a lot better than I though he would have done, but it's still so frustrating that he hasn't learnt that all he needs to do is make an easy pass into midfield and he's done his job well.

Distin has a problem with Everton fans. He was hushing the Gwladys Street when they hit the post, it could have been 2-0 and game over!

I remember him arguing with fans at Palace away too, add to that the arguments over Twitter and the stupid comments he made that we'd rather miss out on Champions League providing Liverpool don't win the league. He gets on my nerves.

To be honest, he really pisses me off sometimes as well. He only seems to reply on twitter to people slagging him off lol. Fair play though, at least he communicates with the fans after matches

Shame we cannot Morph them. Stones ball skills and Distins defending. They both have something that the other lacks. At least we know Stones will only improve defensively and will be one hell of a player in a year or two....that is unless the media sell him to Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd.
I'd say stones shows better natural defensive skills than distin to be honest, if we can afford it finding a long term defensive partner for stones should be looked at in the summer

Still haven't forgiven him for that needless free kick give away against the rs at goodison. Last night showed he's finished, but until Jags is back fully fit, he's still better option than Alcaraz.

For [Poor language removed] sake, we've just won 7 in a row and half of you are whining like little girls over one bad result. Distin has been one of our best performers over the last few years and we owe him a bit of loyalty

Fewmmmmminggggg.

He had a poor game, people have pointed it out. That's it really.

Distin has some very obvious attributes as a defender. Still, it's rather funny how uncomfortable he can appear with the ball.

At one point last night Baines had wandered into the middle and Distin was over on the left.

We worked it to the right, then back over towards Distin, where the move promptly broke down.

Still haven't forgiven him for that needless free kick give away against the rs at goodison. Last night showed he's finished, but until Jags is back fully fit, he's still better option than Alcaraz.

Bit harsh to write his off after one bad game, no? And personally, I think Stones was more at fault than Distin for the goals we conceded.

Harsh on him in my view, it was an all round poor team performance.

Stones was at fault for 2 goals last night, flat footed for the header and too slow for the 3rd. Distin is the obvious easy target to be made scape goat

Martinex has an interesting decision to make on our first choice centre backs next season. Distin has been a fantastic player for us, but he is making more mistakes now.
When Jagielka is fit again, I think we might well see him and Stones together. Unless, of course, he goes for three at the back. On last night's evidence, he really should drop that idea.

True that, but it also showed that Osman, Mirallas, Baines, Coleman, Howard, Deulofeu and Lukaku are finished too.

2a9uqvd.png

lol

in reply to some1 sayin he should leg it n hes not good enough

Does anyone else think that was a really crap response from Distin?

I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have to put up with idiots giving him abuse on Twitter (or anywhere), and he's within his rights to have a go back at trolls, but he's basically made the club look rubbish there, all this 'can't afford any better' stuff. Even if it was an attempt at humour. That comes across really bad; bad, arrogant attitude, no accountability for having a poor game, and he must know he's being a tit because he deletes all his tweets afterwards.

Getting horrible Phil Neville/Johnny Heitinga vibes about Distin, just the way he acts on Twitter, like we should just settle for a certain level and never have any aspirations beyond where we are.

Distin needs a rest His passing is terrible were is jags is he still injured?
True that, but it also showed that Osman, Mirallas, Baines, Coleman, Howard, Deulofeu and Lukaku are finished too.
I would say Osman is finished he isnt good enough to come of the bench and replace anyone who played in that game last light he can hardly run and for distin I think he needs a rest weres jags I thought he was fit now?

Does anyone else think that was a really crap response from Distin?

I mean, yeah, he shouldn't have to put up with idiots giving him abuse on Twitter (or anywhere), and he's within his rights to have a go back at trolls, but he's basically made the club look rubbish there, all this 'can't afford any better' stuff. Even if it was an attempt at humour. That comes across really bad; bad, arrogant attitude, no accountability for having a poor game, and he must know he's being a tit because he deletes all his tweets afterwards.

Getting horrible Phil Neville/Johnny Heitinga vibes about Distin, just the way he acts on Twitter, like we should just settle for a certain level and never have any aspirations beyond where we are.
yeah i actually agree with u mate, silly response

Status
Not open for further replies.