Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Apart from this forum mate, I can highly recommend the - The Mental Health Forum. ( run by the NHS ).

You have to join before you can start posting, but have a good look at it and hopefully it will help you. There's people on this site who have / are suffering from every type of mental illness who can guide you as to what's the best way forward for you and also give their candid views on treatment and medication. There's specific groups who focus on nothing but medication, so if you're unsure about anti depressants they can help you smoke your mind up.

Have a look at it and see what you think ?.

Apart from this forum mate, I can highly recommend the - The Mental Health Forum. ( run by the NHS ).

You have to join before you can start posting, but have a good look at it and hopefully it will help you. There's people on this site who have / are suffering from every type of mental illness who can guide you as to what's the best way forward for you and also give their candid views on treatment and medication. There's specific groups who focus on nothing but medication, so if you're unsure about anti depressants they can help you smoke your mind up.

Have a look at it and see what you think ?.
Thank you.

I have thought so much about posting ' my story' in this thread.

I've been posting on GoT for a few years, i've enjoyed it. I've got a few 'stories' i've kept locked up, today is my daughters birthday, she's around at a friend at the moments, so i've got a few minutes to gather myself ( its difficult when its just us 3 )

I've not seen my dad, mum or two brothers for 7 years to the day, they turned me away the day my daughter was born - because, as my mum is a a bit unstable, thought my partners guardians had ' seen the baby first ', my dad took my mums side and i thought ' well thats that'. '' im better off without them ''. I am the oldest of three brothers too not the favorite, but must successful academically and professionally too ..

Back story, i come from a poor family, i was bullied in 2 schools and moved from both, i was bullied in my street and lived with my nan, and then an auntie, i was a mess - i was poor too ! literally poor! no central heating in my first house i lived in alone whilst i went to college, my mum abused me - both mentally and physically ( not sexually ) i was a battered kid, literally battered with a belt! so i grew up bearing them physical and mental scars of being the child my mum never wants, so for her to do that my daughter and me barely an hour old gave me the reasons i never wanted to talk to them again.

So i haven't - or my two brothers.

I've been through a lot since then, some stuff a bit too much for here ( or at least to put in writing ) Only as i've gotten older have i realised what has happened to me, you never do what happened to me to your first born, ever. Never do that. A day like today polarizes the effort, the complete love your have for your kids in a way that pain in the past seems to just fade away.

Depression is around me, every single day - i look at my surroundings, the lack of family support we dont have and that drives me, i always leave feedback to people on here and say ' don't ever let depression win, EVER ' because its a battle - thats what it is, and its down to you, not a chat, not a doctor, not a magic box of pills! although all these can help and i belive they do, you cannot change whats going on inside unless you decide to make it change.

The one thing i will say about our forum is the people are incredibly helpful, i always say ' even just posting whats on your mind is enough' it usually is, its out there and NOT IN HERE < the head >

I am going to eat some cake.

Stay happy people, You're all we've GoT x

I've been posting on GoT for a few years, i've enjoyed it. I've got a few 'stories' i've kept locked up, today is my daughters birthday, she's around at a friend at the moments, so i've got a few minutes to gather myself ( its difficult when its just us 3 )

I've not seen my dad, mum or two brothers for 7 years to the day, they turned me away the day my daughter was born - because, as my mum is a a bit unstable, thought my partners guardians had ' seen the baby first ', my dad took my mums side and i thought ' well thats that'. '' im better off without them ''. I am the oldest of three brothers too not the favorite, but must successful academically and professionally too ..

Back story, i come from a poor family, i was bullied in 2 schools and moved from both, i was bullied in my street and lived with my nan, and then an auntie, i was a mess - i was poor too ! literally poor! no central heating in my first house i lived in alone whilst i went to college, my mum abused me - both mentally and physically ( not sexually ) i was a battered kid, literally battered with a belt! so i grew up bearing them physical and mental scars of being the child my mum never wants, so for her to do that my daughter and me barely an hour old gave me the reasons i never wanted to talk to them again.

I've been through a lot since then, some stuff a bit too much for here ( or at least to put in writing ) Only as i've gotten older have i realised what has happened to me, you never do what happened to me to your first born, ever. Never do that. A day like today polarizes the effort, the complete love your have for your kids in a way that pain in the past seems to just fade away.

Depression is around me, every single day - i look at my surroundings, the lack of family support we dont have and that drives me, i always leave feedback to people on here and say ' don't ever let depression win, EVER ' because its a battle - thats what it is, and its down to you, not a chat, not a doctor, not a magic box of pills! although all these can help and i belive they do, you cannot change whats going on inside unless you decide to make it change.

The one thing i will say about our forum is the people are incredibly helpful, i always say ' even just posting whats on your mind is enough' it usually is, its out there and NOT IN HERE < the head >

When you need a brother, call on me, Bry. Wrap your arms around that precious child and count your blessings. Make sure she knows you'll always be there for her, no matter what. Then, count your blessings again. Some day she will be there for you.

Get up, do it again. Turn to us when you need an ear. There are things in this life that are beyond the understanding of us all. Most of all, this includes why others are the way they are. Tell the truth and you'll only have one reality to maintain, keep your chin up, and inventory your blessings. Feel the love. It exists.

Plus, there's this. Coconut cake. When I get depressed I want coconut cake.

Fresh_Coconut_Cake-5.jpg

Tremendous courage Bryan for posting the above.

Enjoy your daughters birthday, I know from what you have posted previously she means everything to you.

Always prepared to help, like many others on here, but that's not for today, go enjoy her birthday and appreciate what you have in terms of your relationship with you daughter.

Well done for sharing mate. In fact well done for getting through so far.

Obviously if you need to vent further you can contact any one of us.

And you've got us as long as you want us mate. No worries. I'm here most nights again now and I will always be able to offer some help if that's what is needed. I'm not one to talk; look at how much I've nearly thrown everything away recently. But I'm here if you need me and so is everyone else. This forum is a credit to the posters who reside here and an absolute wondrous community.

But this thread stands tall on the shoulders of giants. It's a place were I really feel safe. And on the internet - that's huge.

I've often said that people can always fall back on Family in times of crisis, but I guess it's not always the case. It saddened me to read this because I come from a tight Family, and I know they've got my back if ever I ask.
You know exactly how tough life can be, enough knowledge to ensure that your little girl doesn't need to find out.
Please wish your little girl a very Happy Birthday from your GoT Family too!

I,ve just got up with the kids and read your post and given them both a big hug for you mate. The courage it took to post this thread is a amazing and I can imagine it took you a long time to write a post with such feeling and depth. Posts like this for me are a reality check, it makes you realise that most of the things we all worry about don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

There's no judgements of people in this thread. Everyone has issues. Some just have larger or more specific than others.

@Bryan I know where your coming from. Two things.

1. Its your responsibility that your kids don't have the same experiences you did. Break the chain.
2. Its no shame if you never have anything to do with the family again. That's your choice with your kids interests in mind

You may have relations but given the abuse you descibe your not obligated to them. They have no power over you. If your mother can use such trivial nonsensical reason to kick off about something you're well clear. IMHO she sounds really controlling and that is not healthy. Also should be a warning sign for any future contact you may have with them. Recognise it for what it is.

Your focus should be on ensuring you earn a decent living to provide the best environment for you the MRS and the kids. It was not ideal what happened but its taken character and resolve to get through that and be the family you are.

Bryan - you are an incredible person and one of life's surivors. Honestly, you have an enmournous amount of stuff to be proud of. God bless mate