Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

'anti-depressants are not dangerous when taken as recommended and are not addictive'

The same as any medication, if taken correctly under proper supervision, they are not dangerous.
Why would they be prescribed if they were?
As for not being addictive I wish to disagree - in my experience most anti-deressants are 'happy pills' and the longer you are on them the more difficult they are to get off.
Someone mentioned Prozac, again in my experience, if I was going to commit suicide it was when I was on Prozac or more correctly Seroxat. Perhaps not the same thing!
I kept telling the chemist I did not want it but they kept saying it was a 'generic' name - still the same constant suicidal thoughts - then they changed the pills and now no such thoughts.

Is it all in the mind? Who knows!!

'anti-depressants are not dangerous when taken as recommended and are not addictive'

The same as any medication, if taken correctly under proper supervision, they are not dangerous.
Why would they be prescribed if they were?
As for not being addictive I wish to disagree - in my experience most anti-deressants are 'happy pills' and the longer you are on them the more difficult they are to get off.
Someone mentioned Prozac, again in my experience, if I was going to commit suicide it was when I was on Prozac or more correctly Seroxat. Perhaps not the same thing!
I kept telling the chemist I did not want it but they kept saying it was a 'generic' name - still the same constant suicidal thoughts - then they changed the pills and now no such thoughts.

Is it all in the mind? Who knows!!

my best times are when I had steroids. doctor didn't like me being on them too much and I don' want them. but sometimes?????

my best times are when I had steroids. doctor didn't like me being on them too much and I don' want them. but sometimes?????
Oral steroids can cause other health problems you see.

Applied topically (a cream) or in inhalers is fine, but oral steroids, in the long run and if not weaned off correctly, can be detrimental to health.

Let's not forget though that anti-depressants, while not perfect, can save lives.

Oral steroids can cause other health problems you see.

Applied topically (a cream) or in inhalers is fine, but oral steroids, in the long run and if not weaned off correctly, can be detrimental to health.

Let's not forget though that anti-depressants, while not perfect, can save lives.

they are amazing tho lol made me so hyper and just got me thru so many bad times. its easy to understand how someone can get addicted to them. luckily as I said my oncologist was against them and with my agreement I was off them.

they are amazing tho lol made me so hyper and just got me thru so many bad times. its easy to understand how someone can get addicted to them. luckily as I said my oncologist was against them and with my agreement I was off them.
If you have an oncologist I assume you have another obvious health problem also.

Sounds like a rough time for you.

My take on AD.

I was prescribed them, and the only way to describe my mood was " up", I was unusually happy, good for everyone involved but the downside was I felt like I was inside a bubble, I couldn't feel a single thing, and my entire body and mind felt numb. I was sleeping for England. Unable to get up cos I was genuinely exhausted.

That was the only downside for me. I was terrified of becoming reliant on them as my mum was basically a zombie as a result of being on them for a very very long time. I try my best not to turn into her as a result.

My take on AD.

I was prescribed them, and the only way to describe my mood was " up", I was unusually happy, good for everyone involved but the downside was I felt like I was inside a bubble, I couldn't feel a single thing, and my entire body and mind felt numb. I was sleeping for England. Unable to get up cos I was genuinely exhausted.

That was the only downside for me. I was terrified of becoming reliant on them as my mum was basically a zombie as a result of being on them for a very very long time. I try my best not to turn into her as a result.
that's how I felt and I know its another issue but that's why i'm against drugs of any sort. they are good one way but so bad another,and that's why I suffer because I wont take any.

If talking to a blonde, albeit aged by now can help, I am always willing to help. This is such an amazing thread whether you are a reader or suffer.

will the esk object if you mee
If talking to a blonde, albeit aged by now can help, I am always willing to help. This is such an amazing thread whether you are a reader or suffer.

im on here everyday (nothing better to do) if it's ok with the esk always good to have someone to moan to.

lmao I tried to be flirty and funny ( a few whiskeys today) hence the first bit of my text thought i'd deleted it to start again.

My take on AD.

That description is spot on Bryan.
It's as if your mood swing, like a wave, was up and down but with the AD it just takes the highs and lows out and gives a more level 'playing field'.
Feeling numb may be an over exaggeration but I know what you mean - sex drive included!