Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My Grandfather passed away today

It wasn't out of the blue, he'd been sick for a long while and he passed as a chaplain was saying a prayer for him - he was a religous man so that is a comfort

He had a good run, he was an active gardener well into his 90s , i suppose his age caught up to him in the last few months though

Lost mine on Saturday too; similar scenario with it being a when not if situation. Thoughts with you. Always have fond memories growing up with grandparents involved.

Will do mate, gonna take the weekend to try and unwind a bit, watch the 6 nations and relax then I’ll assess it on Monday when I’m less furious/anxious
Well my meeting with HR could’ve gone better. Verbatim got told if I don’t come back to work when my note expires that I’ll just get SSP and they’ll withdraw my sick pay. All of this after 4 years without a single complaint, disciplinary or anything. Trying to keep my cool and not say anything too reactionary, but it does kinda show how much corporations actually care about their employees (they don’t)

Well my meeting with HR could’ve gone better. Verbatim got told if I don’t come back to work when my note expires that I’ll just get SSP and they’ll withdraw my sick pay. All of this after 4 years without a single complaint, disciplinary or anything. Trying to keep my cool and not say anything too reactionary, but it does kinda show how much corporations actually care about their employees (they don’t)

Has an Occupational Health referral been mentioned at all?

Yeah, they’ve referred me to that when my note expires, not that I’m overly inclined to trust occupation health given that they’re paid by the company

I know someone who is going on it soon (she is basically doing everything possible to avoid coming into the office), but HR are only doing it as a last resort as they tend to heavily side with the employee... Which may be good for your case

Yeah, they’ve referred me to that when my note expires, not that I’m overly inclined to trust occupation health given that they’re paid by the company

What are your prospects outside of that company? Do you think it would be reasonable easy to find a new job? If so, I wouldn't even hesitate to get the hell out of there ASAP.

The amount of people I know who have been signed off work in the last year is alarming. The company will tell you its you when really they are squeezing people for every ounce of effort they can get, burn them out and then discard them, citing "lack of performance". It's disgraceful.

What are your prospects outside of that company? Do you think it would be reasonable easy to find a new job? If so, I wouldn't even hesitate to get the hell out of there ASAP.

The amount of people I know who have been signed off work in the last year is alarming. The company will tell you its you when really they are squeezing people for every ounce of effort they can get, burn them out and then discard them, citing "lack of performance". It's disgraceful.
Maybe, I think I’m going to look into leaving ASAP

I think burnout is a big thing, additionally is people are getting fed up of being treated as commodities which companies can just dump as soon as they’re used up as you say. Much as it disgusts me, my treatment doesn’t surprise me working for a large American financial institution, not exactly known for their humanity or compassion like

Maybe, I think I’m going to look into leaving ASAP

I think burnout is a big thing, additionally is people are getting fed up of being treated as commodities which companies can just dump as soon as they’re used up as you say. Much as it disgusts me, my treatment doesn’t surprise me working for a large American financial institution, not exactly known for their humanity or compassion like

Never a nice though but... severance pay :D