Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrygobfiend

Player Valuation: £40m
If someone offered Everton a guaranteed top 4 place but it also meant Liverpool won the league, would you take it?

I'd sooner cut off my nuts with a rusty hacksaw myself. Can you imagine how unbearable they would be?

If we ignore the fact we're going to win the league anyway.

Of course I want Everton to finish in the Top 4 - to set the club back just so another team isn't successful seems perverse.

No i would take 5th place and hope that we could get CL by some other means ... A bit like liverpool did when they won the CL but didnt qualify for it the next season ... make there own rules and ways of getting in lol

002dd2c4.gif

Would it make a difference? As long as i live i never want to see them lot win the league but it will happen eventually. I mean they won the european cup in the time as well as the Uefa cup, League cup, F.A cup Super Cup...............all since we last won a trophy.

This club needs sustainable income to move forward so if you offered be champions league group stages for the next 5 years then i would take that. No third round knockout bollocks that we got last time.

If it meant us winning the FA Cup with them winning the league - yes.

But just to qualify for CL, good god no, they get an honour and we don't that's be mental to say yes.

If we ignore the fact we're going to win the league anyway.

Of course I want Everton to finish in the Top 4 - to set the club back just so another team isn't successful seems perverse.

it wouldn't be setting us back though,
just means we're not GUARANTEED fourth place, we could still get it, we could win the league ourselves or something

that's how I've always read these things anyway

That's like saying you could have a wild night of passion with Rachel Riley, on the proviso that you had to watch your missus being ploughed by Dion Dublin.

And your point is?!

The lad's point is perfectly clear and superbly made: you get something highly desirable, but the price paid is appalling. What was so hard to understand, unless the thought of doing all kinds of unspeakable filth to Rachel Riley doesn't appeal? (F#ck me, I've got a sweat on at the mere thought....)

Why would I care what they do? I'd take 4th now because we've not been there for a while, but I'd also take 3rd, 2nd or the title if they were on offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.