Difference between a Legend and Cult Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-0-0BCCE11400000578-522_634x367.jpg

'Do your best Bugs bunny impression'

My word this whole debate is going nowhere. At the end of the day, Cahill served us diligently for 7 odd years and we'll always love him for that. But legend, that's pushing it.

I understand why people are saying he isnt but to argue why he is...... When Everton signed Tim Cahill we where the bookies favourite for relagation, our squad was old and their prized asset Wayne Rooney was sold. It was Tim Cahill that took the mantle of the team and scored 29 winning goals that has propelled us to being a contender for a european place. Not only was we the bookies favourite to go down but we managed to finish 4th and consistently near the top. Without this consistancy we would never of signed the next wave of players that we did Heitenga, Baines, Fellaini, Saha, Jagielka, Neville, Arteta, Pienaar, Donovan, Drenthe, Jelavic, Distin, Howard. Do you think any of them players would sign for a 17th placed bookies favourite to go down team?..... Legends are not always defined by winning trophies "One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame". Its Tim Cahill who has inspired the way Everton are today. To me he will always be a legend in his own right....

I place both on the same pegging. To me they made Everton. To me, yes they are both Legends. To you, maybe not. But that's your choice.

If you're going to be pedantic then Dunc for me is definitely a legend.

Because a legend is something you pass down; stories you tell and to be honest probably exaggerate and embellish. I'll be telling tales of Dunc for a long time to come because he meant that much to me and whilst he wasn't a world class player, there was so much about him that was extraordinary and worth telling.

Now all that I agree with, there was nothing better than being in the Street End when Ferguson scored, the place errupted. Now the reason I didn't class him as a legend was simply because he didn't perform often enough.

IMO Cahill and the Big Man are almost on the same par with regards to off the field activities, how they both loved the club and the fact they were not the bets footballers we'll ever see at Goodison, but Cahill, for me, just gave a bit more in matches.

Anyway, don't want this to go off topic. Love the both of them, and they love us.

Tim Cahill has been a wonderful servant to the club, that said I doubt his status will ever reach that of Duncan Ferguson who in my opinion is the most recent legend.
A legend must surely be someone who actually won silverware within the club and too often gets labelled to players, who have been assets to the club but yet failed to deliver when it really mattered.
While it is unfair to label Tim a failure, ultimately he was part of teams that failed at the final hurdles.
Tim is a cult hero, but legend, nah sorry not having that.

cahill is probably a legend to the oz folks, he really pulled the stops out for them to the detriment of EFC imo

Actually, anyone who scores 4 goals against the ****e should be a legend,

[video=youtube;0jRjUYAobZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRjUYAobZ8[/video]

Cahill, Ferguson to me are cult heroes. i adore them with a passion that is unhealthy. and yes i probably will tell anyone who'll listen about them in years to come. Legends for me are people like Scruffy the binman (southall to the young'uns) Psycho and Inchy heath, and of course the earlier generation of Dean and Ball. our most recent Legend? What about Rooney? maybe not a legend for us but has certainly gone on to become one, hes won most things now at club level.

Cahills love in with the RS counts him out for me

Always hanging around there players, Laughing and joking with them before,during and after games, Makes me sick

You wouldent catch Dunc doing that

Would you class Duncan Ferguson as a legend??? I've had the argument with many that Ferguson was a cult hero and never a legend

If you are still having a debate about DF being a cult figure or legend 10 years from now regularly, he's probably a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.