2023/24 Dele

100% support re his recent declaration and ongoing issues.

But where was our 'due diligence' in signing him?

Basically paying a weekly fortune for a professional footballer who, for whatever reason, cannot currently be considered.

Was basically BK thinking all the lad needed was an arm around the shoulder to get back to the player he was. So, so daft. But still, it could have just been a harmless loan had Moshiri not used up the slot to bring in El Ghazi all to do his mate Kia a favour.

Appalling from everyone involved.

100% support re his recent declaration and ongoing issues.

But where was our 'due diligence' in signing him?

Basically paying a weekly fortune for a professional footballer who, for whatever reason, cannot currently be considered.
It is mad when you think of these transfers and the huge amount of money that goes with them that serious personal issues are just missed/ignored. Similar to Tonali at the moment and his gambling stuff. I’m completely for the rehabilitation of Dele Ali and hope he can find peace with it and live a happier life, but agree regarding our due diligence and the financial impact it has on the club.

Hope we see him soon even as a bit part player.

Negotiation with Spurs seems quite simple to me, we ain't paying a bean, so it's Spurs' choice on whether you want to waive the fee and show your support for the lad, or hold us to the original agreement. With the narrative being that he's not playing because Spurs held firm on the deal knowing our money troubles and Dele wanting to get back on the pitch.

Was basically BK thinking all the lad needed was an arm around the shoulder to get back to the player he was. So, so daft. But still, it could have just been a harmless loan had Moshiri not used up the slot to bring in El Ghazi all to do his mate Kia a favour.

Appalling from everyone involved.
and this is El Ghazi now

After the interview I hoped it could be the start of a new beginning.

Sadly, he's now just topping up his pension before he retires at the end of the season.

Hope we see him soon even as a bit part player.

Negotiation with Spurs seems quite simple to me, we ain't paying a bean, so it's Spurs' choice on whether you want to waive the fee and show your support for the lad, or hold us to the original agreement. With the narrative being that he's not playing because Spurs held firm on the deal knowing our money troubles and Dele wanting to get back on the pitch.
I read that Bill did a similar deal with Rangers for Michael Ball - though amounts and situation wasn't necessarily the same - the principle applied - so Rangers couldn't afford to pay £500k if Ball played another minute for them - so Bill waived it.