2023/24 Dele

Bit of a shame that if he was fit and motivated, with Harrison near a return with danjouma and mcneil getting up to speed, with dcl and beto up front, a half decent manager could actually get a proper tune out of us in attack.
Dare i say, we could actually cause opposition some problems..

I think it is clear now that he will not be playing for us this season unless levy is willing to change the terms of the agreement which is extremely unlikely. Not sure why this wasn't mentioned during the summer when the window was opened. Then it seems that dyche was willing to include him in the squad. Our squad is so paper thin is ridiculous...its criminal what they have done during the window and any significant injuries in the coming weeks and we could be massively in trouble. I was hoping that with dele we had at least some level of contingency to cover for those possible significant injuries...doesn't look that this the case now.

While it would be nice is Spurs were willing to change the terms of the deal, at the end of the day it's business,not charity, why should they?

Try and get him on the pitch before Jan, then see where we stand.

He's in his final 12 months with us isn't he? For arguments sake would we still have to adhere to the eventual 40 million of he signs a new deal?
Or is it, the most spurs can now get is 10 million?
Once his contract runs out he’s a free agent and can sign for whoever he wants. But I don’t think Everton would be right for him at that point.

Question I asked earlier...think his contract ends in summer? Can spurs only get 10 million out of us whether he signs a new deal or leaves?

If its that, could we not renegotiate a deal where we pay a million pound per 'x' amount of games played, even if we sign a new deal with Dele?

I know it's highly unlikely he'll sign a new deal and currently therebis nobody who would consider that a good thing, but the problem with Dele is he's always put on a pedestal that unless he's playing like prime Dele he's crap and a failure.
Even an average Dele, if he puts work in and enjoys his game is mid table quality.

If he was to re-sign a contract extension with us would we be obliged to continue the deal we had with spurs?

Yes. We have a transfer contract with Spurs, and a playing contract with the player. Its like the £2m we got from City for Stones winning the CL. He has certainly had an extension with them.

£10m ? But what if we don't play him and just let his contract run out ? Saying that wages alone will be quite a sum.
6-7 games before Jan to see his level.
Any good he either signs a pre contract abroad with someone else or we sell.
Otherwise we decide if it’s worth paying the extra £10m for the rest of the season and play him.
After that he’s then a free agent to re-sign or leave.

No chance.

Levy's not paying his wages anymore. Mission accomplished.

A transfer fee would just have been icing.

Levy is a smart businessman. Accept different terms, Dele plays more than 7 games and Spurs get £10m, albeit in slower time

Dont accept different terms, Dele plays 6 games then leaves in the summer for free. Spurs get £0

He would be absolutely mad not to renegotiate the payment terms if it still guarantees the £10m