David Moyes

He’s done alright, spent £450 odd million there, so he certainly hasn’t had a lack of cash. I think he gets outdone tactically and simply doesn’t have a plan B. He’s better than Dyche in my opinion, but I don’t want him back when we finally start moving in the right direction. Sorry if that hurts some feelings, have a great day.
What's he wheeled and dealed with re sales though?

I'd have him back me.

While I don't immediately want him, it might be good for us if he stays unemployed just in case we need a new voice next season.

As I said in this thread when we were having a bad spell I think Moyes is a Dyche + so won't be a bad fit if we have to get rid of him.

Moyes' failure as a top top level manager has been on show in recent weeks though. He needs to project the optimism as well pragmatism and he so far has never been able to do it.

About £233 million. Not saying he hasn’t done a good job there, but he certainly hasn’t not been supported financially.
So 220 million out, a big bid for paqueta incoming, in how many total seasons? say they get 70ish million from city for paqueta, 150 mill spent for a euro trophy and numerous top half finishes. Clubs get value out of Moyes. (acknowledge having Rice come through the club and sold on for 100m skews the picture some)

….he’d be a terrific DOF. He knows a player, he does the hard work identifying talent, he’ll have a network of contacts and is globally respected. He’s firm minded, knows the club and would implement a transfer strategy aligned to playing requirements.

Might be a challenge he likes at this stage in his life.

Last edited:
While I don't immediately want him, it might be good for us if he stays unemployed just in case we need a new voice next season.

As I said in this thread when we were having a bad spell I think Moyes is a Dyche + so won't be a bad fit if we have to get rid of him.

Moyes' failure as a top top level manager has been on show in recent weeks though. He needs to project the optimism as well pragmatism and he so far has never been able to do it.
Give him Lukaku and watch his side beat most. Amazed he never moved heaven and earth for the big Belgian goal machine.

….he’d be a terrific DOF. He knows a player, he does the hard work identifying talent, he’ll have a network of contacts and is globally respected. He’s firm minded, knows the club and would implement a transfer strategy aligned to playing requirements.

Might be challenge he likes at this stage in his life.
I suspect he still wants to be a training ground manager, but if Thelwell is looking to leave as some have suggested I would certainly be sounding him out about that DoF role….from the outside looking in it’s just whether him as DoF and Dyche as manager would work, with them both being seemingly strong personalities.

I suspect he still wants to be a training ground manager, but if Thelwell is looking to leave as some have suggested I would certainly be sounding him out about that DoF role….from the outside looking in it’s just whether him as DoF and Dyche as manager would work, with them both being seemingly strong personalities.

….i’d see them working very well, both old school, pragmatic and proper football men.

….i’d see them working very well, both old school, pragmatic and proper football men.
There is absolutely that, and the fact they seemingly both share the more traditional footballing sensibilities - it would be an interesting proposition for sure

Don't think he was ever given any credit at west ham and their support never really took to him.

Personally wouldn't have him back as think that time has passed but still think he's a lot to offer for some club