David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have a great academy.. Fellaini, Lukaku, Kompany, Januzaj, etc.

Then again, it seems almost easy to produce boss Belgians these days. Something in the water over there?
Could be awkward for us seeing we just employed a scout in Belgium, yes?
Interesting to see what happens with any future negotiations

Could someone please find me the "confirmation" from Anderlecht that Henen has terminated his contract and has moved to Olympiakos?
I've looked all through both the Anderlecht and Olympiakos Official Sites, and theres nothing. Aside from English media and some Greek twitterati talking about it, I can't see anything official.

The only Pseudo official thing I can see is the site www.anderlecht-online.be which has no formal relationship with the club RSC Anderlecht posting this. http://www.anderlecht-online.be/article.php?id=24730&lang=fra
Then theres this...

and theres this.
Henen appears to have moved to Olympiakos in a £3m deal, but he could still line up for Roberto Martinez's side this season.

"It looked like another one would go west, they couldn't agree a deal – but we understand Everton will still get him on loan," added Greg.

"It's a complicated one and we're yet to hear how or why that's happened."
Mad how theres nothing concrete at all. Nothing official only twitter, british media and a fan site saying he's signed. I wonder if they could have mistook the fansite (which looks legit) as the anderlecht website lol.

One of my mates mentioned he'd heard that there was some 3rd party ownership issues that we couldn't resolve hence him going somewhere else, and then we'll signed him in the summer. Or something like that.

Possible explanations:
  • We've wound Anderlecht up enough that they refused to deal with us and Olympiakos saw an opportunity.
  • Some third party ownership shenanigans that mean only a non-UK side could buy him in time.
  • After Welbeck went to Arsenal we needed another way to wind up Wenger, and convoluted loans was it.

I dont understand this.....
Why do we sign an 18 year old on loan ? Especially when he was sold on deadline day to Olymiakos.
What is the value ? Surely he is only going to block up a [lace in the U 21 squad all season.....as far as I see it we are just going to train him up for Olympiakos .....Cant the kebab noshers train him themselves ? Whats going on ...has anybody a reasonable explanation?
Confused of Salford

We get to assess him for a whole year. Maybe even put him in the first team at some point with little financial risk.

But if he turns out to be ace, we'll probably end up paying double the original £3 million asking price for him

Status
Not open for further replies.