David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao...what happened to peoples' sarcasm in here?
I know you were joking, I was amused by the previous fall out over two mixed race players... and thought I best cover the hitler comment for others. Sorry- it's the middle of a night shift & I'm done in.

I'll take a crack at it:

1. He's very talented, but he hasn't actually played to that ability. Let's not forget, he failed to break into Anderlecht's senior team (for a variety of reasons), and was also unable to get playing time at Monaco B. Kristof Terreur and Sven Claes (the Belgian journalists) both said they'd be surprised if Henen was a success at Everton.

2. He hasn't played much meaningful football in over a year -- that's a big loss of development time. He gets game action with Belgian's youth teams, but even then he's only progressed to the U18 level.

3. Henen, despite his frustration, probably has his heart set on a move here. Everton have a good relationship with the agent who bailed him out of the messy Anderlecht situation, and Henen himself is said to have a good relationship with Lukaku.

Much of Henen's hype comes from an approach Manchester United made when the player was sixteen. A lot can change in those two years.

I'll take a crack at it:

1. He's very talented, but he hasn't actually played to that ability. Let's not forget, he failed to break into Anderlecht's senior team (for a variety of reasons), and was also unable to get playing time at Monaco B. Kristof Terreur and Sven Claes (the Belgian journalists) both said they'd be surprised if Henen was a success at Everton.

2. He hasn't played much meaningful football in over a year -- that's a big loss of development time. He gets game action with Belgian's youth teams, but even then he's only progressed to the U18 level.

3. Henen, despite his frustration, probably has his heart set on a move here. Everton have a good relationship with the agent who bailed him out of the messy Anderlecht situation, and Henen himself is said to have a good relationship with Lukaku.

Much of Henen's hype comes from an approach Manchester United made when the player was sixteen. A lot can change in those two years.

I don't know if you made all that up or if it's spot on. I believe you though.

I'll take a crack at it:

Damn. Knew none of this. Send him back. Not worthy of a thread!

@kithnou:

He's definitely a gamble. Again, he has talent, but he hasn't put it together. I'm actually really looking forward to watching his progress.

@ilikecheese:

I did not make any of it up, but I can't guarantee other individuals haven't invented that information. My hunch is they didn't.

@EveryoneElse:

Not a stalker. Just working on a piece for an American publication.

@kithnou:

He's definitely a gamble. Again, he has talent, but he hasn't put it together. I'm actually really looking forward to watching his progress.

@ilikecheese:

I did not make any of it up, but I can't guarantee other individuals haven't invented that information. My hunch is they didn't.

@EveryoneElse:

Not a stalker. Just working on a piece for an American publication.

Well, I can guarantee that you know more about this lad than 99.97% of us, so keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.