Daily Mirror linking Everton fans with trouble at Kings Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's an old post however in the advent of all seater stadia and the premier league it's become 'unacceptable' to do anything at the match other than wear your replica top and sing silly songs to follow your club,well if that's your thing fine,however there was a world prior to your silly sky sports/internet world and maybe you should educate yourself before you jump onto an anonymous Internet forum dishing out your venom about people you'd have neither the balls or the guts to say to those involved faces,just a thought

I accept there are many levels and forms of supporting your club deggo, varies from fan to fan, some people see these forms in different views from fighting for the colours to singing non stop for 90 minutes for the team. If i was in a position were i thought harm would come to a child caught up in some potential brawl then i would at least try to move the kid away - so yeah i would get involved, maybe not in a aggressive way no - been there, done that, when i was a teen thinking i feared nobody and knew everything. In this case your the one trying to be the aggressor on a 'anonymous internet forum'. Trust me as good as it is to see almost every game live, im no bigger fan for Skysports/media darling era than you seem to be. There has always been a dark side to football, i understand and accept that.

I would just like to think that there would be a majority who would act decent enough to avoid conflict were possible, there is always a heavy police presence when everton are in town (more than most teams get id say), which i dont like to a degree, most home and away games i go to are well mannered (a little rowdy) firms looking for 3 points and a good day out. As for spitting venom at those accused ? Wouldnt go that far, just saying that if you commit the crime - do the time, but please dont do it in the Everton colours, brings negativity to the club as a whole.

I accept there are many levels and forms of supporting your club deggo, varies from fan to fan, some people see these forms in different views from fighting for the colours to singing non stop for 90 minutes for the team. If i was in a position were i thought harm would come to a child caught up in some potential brawl then i would at least try to move the kid away - so yeah i would get involved, maybe not in a aggressive way no - been there, done that, when i was a teen thinking i feared nobody and knew everything. In this case your the one trying to be the aggressor on a 'anonymous internet forum'. Trust me as good as it is to see almost every game live, im no bigger fan for Skysports/media darling era than you seem to be. There has always been a dark side to football, i understand and accept that.

I would just like to think that there would be a majority who would act decent enough to avoid conflict were possible, there is always a heavy police presence when everton are in town (more than most teams get id say), which i dont like to a degree, most home and away games i go to are well mannered (a little rowdy) firms looking for 3 points and a good day out. As for spitting venom at those accused ? Wouldnt go that far, just saying that if you commit the crime - do the time, but please dont do it in the Everton colours, brings negativity to the club as a whole.
A very fair post mate,those I know who have done the crime fully expect to do the time

We also need to be aware that sensationalist reporting has in some way blown this and many other incidents way out of proportion and responsibility must be shared by the 'firm' attacked as they are the ones 'wanting it' in the presence of innocent bystanders

Status
Not open for further replies.