Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live the way he just keeps getting better and better. He still needs a bit of work on his final ball occasionally, and his shooting is quite erratic but he is improving all the time. He comfortably had the beating of any winger/fullback when going forward, and not many get the better of him nowadays defensively either. He was superb last night.

One of my favourite Everton players with his attitude too

A wonderful little narky get who actually is developing into an excellent footballer. He is one of my favourite players. £60k!!!!! Unbelievable!

What I love about Coleman (and Baines also) is they are exactly the type of player I would want to be. Skillful, hard working, humble, willing to leave it on the field every game. I respect professionals who treat their job like that.

Don't think he's had a better game in a blue shirt than the one he had the other night. Had Ben Arfa in his back pocket until the Frenchman got subbed at HT while also posing a threat going the other way. Amazing energy levels, decision making is improving and great composure on the ball. Seamus IS really MUSTARD!

Exactly, goals gets you MOM these days tho but I had Seamus as MOM he was outstanding again.

Me too. I haven't liked a player as much as shamus since joe Parkinson. He's got so much better defensively. He's always getting back at players and int scared to go forward.

Man crush!!

Everton got Coleman from a tip off from Willie McStay who was trying to get him to Celtic but they rejected him. Moye took a decision to take him, yes, but he stunted his development leaving him out, and playing him out of position. He's lost about 18 months of his career because of Moyes ridiculous failure to blood players ready to go.

after his successful loan spell at blackpool he should have been at least pushing hibbert all the way for RB. Love hibbo, but the guy doesn't really do much good things, it was poor management it has to be said.

Love this hard working Irishman,always gives 100% and never shy's away from a tackle.
Strong quick and always willing to get forward given the opportunity.
Going to be a big season for Seamus,he's catching the eye of the pundits for all the right reasons.

after his successful loan spell at blackpool he should have been at least pushing hibbert all the way for RB. Love hibbo, but the guy doesn't really do much good things, it was poor management it has to be said.

He played 40 games the season after he returned from Blackpool and was nominated for PFA young player of the year.

Are people really, genuinely arguing that Moyes did not do a good job in bringing Coleman through?

Considering this thread starts off saying how gash Coleman is and now we all think he is ace I'd venture that change has come about through expert coaching and hard work.

Coleman said: "He took me from League if Ireland team and made me into a Premier League and international footballer. I'll always have good things to say about him.
"He's always been one to pull you up on things - 'You're doing things right, you're doing things wrong'.
"He's been brilliant with me. I owe him an awful lot and I wish him the best of luck.
"He's helped the defensive side of my game. He played me in midfield for two seasons - that's where he saw fit for me in the first couple of years - and I gained a lot of experience from that.

I like a dig at David Moyes as much as the next man,but it must be said that he unearthed and polished this particular diamond very well.

Actually, Moyes didn't "unearth" Seamus.

Willie McStay, Sligo Rovers manager at the time and a pal of Moyes from their Celtic days, sent him over to Moyes for a trial.

Moyes is on record as saying that if Sligo Rovers had held out for £100,000, he wouldn't have paid it.

At £60,000 (or £80,000 as some reports suggest), Seamus is undoubtedly the bargain buy of thr EPL era, IMO.

He played 40 games the season after he returned from Blackpool and was nominated for PFA young player of the year.

Are people really, genuinely arguing that Moyes did not do a good job in bringing Coleman through?

Considering this thread starts off saying how gash Coleman is and now we all think he is ace I'd venture that change has come about through expert coaching and hard work.

Coleman said: "He took me from League if Ireland team and made me into a Premier League and international footballer. I'll always have good things to say about him.
"He's always been one to pull you up on things - 'You're doing things right, you're doing things wrong'.
"He's been brilliant with me. I owe him an awful lot and I wish him the best of luck.
"He's helped the defensive side of my game. He played me in midfield for two seasons - that's where he saw fit for me in the first couple of years - and I gained a lot of experience from that.

Moyes takes the credit on this one. I remember last season when the majority of fans wanted Coleman dropped, credit to the manager for standing by him.

Everton got Coleman from a tip off from Willie McStay who was trying to get him to Celtic but they rejected him. Moye took a decision to take him, yes, but he stunted his development leaving him out, and playing him out of position. He's lost about 18 months of his career because of Moyes ridiculous failure to blood players ready to go.
Oh ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.