Clint Dempsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoToffee

generally quite awesome.
As an American I get excited a bit when I even smell rumor of another Yank joining Everton, but it is the silly season and crap abounds.

The Sun (wholly reputable source;)) reporting that Dempsey has rejected a new contract for Fulham and could be had by Everton for $4 million (not smart enough to find a pound sign) and that Everton would be increasing his wages $12K per week to $37K.

Just think - Howard, Bradley and Dempsey. Everton would sure be certain to drop leads against the Big 4 then - just like against Brazil in the Confederations Cup!!!

I love Dempsey but I'm not too sure how he'd fit into our line up or if he's just come in as a sub at times. And as an American I'd hate to see him not be match fit for the International games. At the same time though I say for 4 mil..sign him up!!

I must admit to being very impressed with his performances for Fulham last season and reckon he was a big factor in their push up the table. He'd be yet another scoring midfielder for the team who don't need strikers! ;)

Lets grab Dempsey, Bradley, Onyewu, and Altidore on loan. Down with Fulhamerica, up with Ameverton!

Moyes dont let this gem go by...

he is a taller faster version of pienaar (or will be) you heard it here first.

With a name like Clint, he must be good....

Tim Howard is his best mate so it's nailed on *coughs*
:p

I'd have Dempo for £4mill. Great work rate, skillfull, has a Chaill-like ability for the goal. Can play both wings (I think).

The information was correct as far as the wages part, but not the transfer it was his agents doing his work to get his client wages increase at Fulham.

They only paid 1.25M and 12K/week for him????? Wow, to think he makes about 1/8 of what Darren Bent and Freddie Lungberg makes.

It would be a good signing especially at 4M. He's an underrated striker and is a good RW when he gets back on defense. He has Cahill like ability to get a head on the ball in the box. Also has had good games against the top 4.

However, the "when" part is what got him into a bit of trouble w/ Hogdson who benched him when despite scoring goals for them b/c he shirked on his defensive responsibilites. This doesn't bother me though, Moyes will set him straight by the end of the 1st practice and Dempsey to his credit also didn't complain and worked his way back into the squad after being benched.

Status
Not open for further replies.