Chelsea Vs Everton - Sat 19th Feb - 12.30pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it sounds quite defeatist, but i totally agree.

The league is far more important to me...

And us playing Chelsea off the pitch is like rubbing salt into the wounds of the situation we are in...i'll be livid.

Everton are twisting my Melon at the moment...

Part of being an Everton fan isn't it son. I think a cup run is all we can hope for. I would take a cup run to perk up our season , especially with Reading in the next round but being Everton we will probably get through by beating Chelsea and lose to Reading.

Whenever someone talks about a 'good cup run'....I can't help but think of Middlesbrough, with Ravanelli and Juninho sitting on the pitch looking gutted, the year they got docked 3 points, relegated, and lost in the Cup final...

Proper bleachfest that...

Need to fight tooth nail and claw for this. Hope Moyes works it to them for the preformance at the trotters,and instills in them that this is our last hope of anything this season. Drop Anichebe (prefreably from a great hight .)Contain them .Fight for everyball.This and everygame from now till the end of the season is our cup final.

Howard

Neville - Jagielka - Distin - Baines

Fellaini

Coleman - - - Arteta - - Bily(I would go with Gueye,more pace.)

Cahill

Beckford

Need to fight tooth nail and claw for this. Hope Moyes works it to them for the preformance at the trotters,and instills in them that this is our last hope of anything this season. Drop Anichebe (prefreably from a great hight .)Contain them .Fight for everyball.This and everygame from now till the end of the season is our cup final.

Howard

Neville - Jagielka - Distin - Baines

Fellaini

Coleman - - - Arteta - - Bily(I would go with Gueye,more pace.)

Cahill

Beckford

Surely he can't trust Anichebe to play up front again , he was a disaster up there. I like Beckfords movement and his runs are very good. Lets hope we can get something at Stamford Bridge to buck up our moods.

Part of being an Everton fan isn't it son. I think a cup run is all we can hope for. I would take a cup run to perk up our season , especially with Reading in the next round but being Everton we will probably get through by beating Chelsea and lose to Reading.

Nearly spat my tea everywhere when i read that, funny because it's just so true ! A 2-1 win against Chelsea and a drubbing from Reading, sounds about right.

Right, well to start off I think we definately need a change in our tactics.. whether that be the formation or just the style we play in. 4-4-2 with Saha and Beckford would be nice, or even to just continue our 4-5-1 with only Saha upfront which was starting to come good.. just our bad luck that he's injured. Beckford however makes good runs and makes chances, so i think he should be given another shot upfront on his own.

So I think the next best thing would be to play a 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 however you'd like to see it, with Bily in place of Cahill's usuall position. I know many of you would disagree with this due to you all thinking Bily's a waste of space, but personally i think he's got it in him, I mean come on it's clear he's not particiularly good at defending, and it's clear he can take a good shot and do some through balls... so the logical option would be to play him 'in the hole'. So why don't we just give him a shot there? It's in the cup so if we play bad and lose then at least we have another chance to try something different next week in the prem, which could be seen as more important. Obviously this leaves a gap on the left which will need filling, maybe Anichebe? He's certainly better on the wing.

Another thing would be that Heitinga has to be dropped now, he had a good run of form for a while so i don't think one poor game (Blackpool) should deserve a dropping, but he was bad against Bolton too (As were the rest) but i do think we'll be more solid if Jags returns.

So the team would look something like this:

Howard
Neville Jags Distin Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Anichebe (I'd like to see Gueye though)
Bily
Beckford

I'm going to the game on the weekend, mission down to London but let's hope it's worth it! Coyb.

If Torres still has the form he had in today's game against Fulham (aka terrible) we have a chance. Although he had several opportunities to put the game away - so Chelsea was not light on chances. He just miffed several of them.

armenian_genocide.jpg

Wot, no Chico write up?

Could be a disaster this one, but for whatever reason we show up against the bigger teams, so why not, a cheeky away win (I'm betting no money on that mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.