Centre backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotto

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi, new to forum.

After a small discussion with a few in other threads regardings centre halfs what's everyone's opinion on the way we should go.

There's obviously a problem because we look vulnerable at the back. I see there is a high volume of Jagielka supporters here. However I think Heitinga and Distin need to be given a run of games together to see if they can reproduce last years form.

I am not a huge Jagielka fan. Never have been. He makes some fantastic tackles but he's never stood out to me as solid. He is easily drawn out of position and distribution is very poor.

Something I think Heitinga excels at when in form. He is very rarely drawn out of position and sees the simple passes better than Jagielka. He brings a calm to the back four (when next to Distin).

Jagielka seems irratic on the ball. Never comfortable and looking to move it on as quick as possible.

I really rate Distin. The only thing is his lapse of concentration every 20 games or so which cost us. Other than that I think he's solid.

Nobody can deny we look very vulnerable at the back this year Heitinga/Distin partnership hasn't been given a chance in the league. I think it's time to give it a go.

Now I expect the majority to say "Jagielka has been our best defender etc". But he's been tried with both partners and it's looked vunerable everytim.

Also think the back four will be more secure with Hibbert back in.

Hibbert Heitinga Distin Baines - give it a go Moyes.

Sniff it Goat. New thread made.

Well played Cotto and welcome.

It's tough.

I honestly think Moyes is rotating Distin in and out not based on form but based on his age and the fact he simply can't play every game.

Heitinga has gone right tits up this season. No idea why but pray he finds form again.

Jags is clearly the only genuine starter. He's ace.

Duffy has impressed me a lot. But if he's not playing then send him out on loan.

Hibbert. Should only play cb if we are totally desperate.

In summary. We are screwed.

Really surprised Coleman is being touted for a first 11 start with fully fit squad. If anyone has cost us recently it's been Coleman.

Actually, I don't think playing Duffy would be the worst idea in the world. Tall, fast and seems to score a hatful from set pieces.

Might be worth a shot for Norwich.

And I mist say we are conceding goals due to a GoalKeeper whos defence has ZERO confidence in and a midfield that is as much use defensively as Sewerz wearing a brace.

Actually, I don't think playing Duffy would be the worst idea in the world. Tall, fast and seems to score a hatful from set pieces.

Might be worth a shot for Norwich.

I've said it elsewhere. Distin-Jagielka didn't look like it worked, Heitinga-Jagielka didn't look like it worked. If you're not going to persephere with one or the other in the hope it comes good then you either drop jags and go with two players short of form or you bring in duffy.

Me I'd bring in Duffy.

And I mist say we are conceding goals due to a GoalKeeper whos defence has ZERO confidence in and a midfield that is as much use defensively as Sewerz wearing a brace.

I thought Howard did better yesterday but that mad rush out of goal just after we scored is exactly why the defence don't trust him. He's been dodgy for a year and a half now. I've given up on him ever getting back in form, tbh.

And yeah it goes without saying that we really miss Gibson. Osman is too lightweight to be much use defensively and neither Hitz nor Neville covers enough ground to provide adequate protection.

Could Duffy really do worse than either of Heitinga or Distin? Not for me. Time to give it a go. The other two have been awful. Jagielka has to play as things stand, but up until recently I rated him as our 3rd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.