2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has improved of late but not enough to warrant the fee we paid. Could be a decent squad player if we do make Europe,but Brands needs to have a good hard look at himself over that transfer.

Yes agree with most of that. He needs a run, and if he can maintain his level, he will be a decent buy.

No I don't agree because for example bringing Lucas Digne back is going to make us a little less good defensively and we all are for that right? So at best it is worth persevering with for now.

But as I've said I am looking beyond results here. So saying we've conceded two in six, ignoring the United game in which we were so bad defensively that this entire theory could be thrown out on it alone, is not what I'm trying to do.

I'm not trying to be dogmatic. In fact if Carlo could actually produce a team capable of conceding only 20 or so goals then I'd be fine with it. But I do not think that we are playing so well defensively that this is where we are at.

This is what I mean when I say something has to change. My suggestion is to improve the attack but honestly if he found a way to just make us that much more secure then it really is fine with me. But it can't be nothing.

I think the Digne conundrum is certainly an interesting one. I said above, I would go with the existing back 4 (fitness permitting) until Digne has returned. If they keep the same defensive record, there is a real temptation for me to play Digne ahead of him and maybe move Richarlinson up top. If the defence doesn't work out, then yes, it's an easy move.

We are in a good spot really.

I think the Digne conundrum is certainly an interesting one. I said above, I would go with the existing back 4 (fitness permitting) until Digne has returned. If they keep the same defensive record, there is a real temptation for me to play Digne ahead of him and maybe move Richarlinson up top. If the defence doesn't work out, then yes, it's an easy move.

We are in a good spot really.
We are and we also aren't. It's a weird one really.

Not always. And scoring goals, imo, is more important. I think you've got a better chance of making top four scoring 70 and conceding 50 than you do scoring 45 and conceding 30 or whatever.

Have a read of this book, you might find it interesting

51c8ZQpbMQL.jpg

It perfectly fine to call players out you're not happy with. Coleman is garbage and finished in my opinion also. I tend to find if you struggle with these types of opinions football forums aren't for you.
Well you could be correct as I do get wound up by comments like those .I simply do not think someone should masquerade as a supporter who disrespects a player who has given his all for the club ,he also had the chance to leave for greater pay but chose to stay .
Where would you suggest I might find the connection with my club if not on here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.