CAPITAL ONE LEAGUE CUP 3RD ROUND DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke I work with has gone to watch Manure at M K Dons tonight. He asked who we were playing, his face was a picture when I told him we had a bye because we're in Europe. We need to win this in my lifetime, if only to banish the painful memories of Brian Little in 1977.

Blimey.....them wuz the days....:)

Defeats like that hurt all the more when your sixteen and your kopite mates are celebrating yet another haul of trophies. Not that it's scarred me like FFS.

And there was worse to come that spring......Clive Thomas was waiting to ambush us at Maine Road....:(

Oh God I would take this trophy if it meant we come 17th with a last minute goal to secure safety on the last day.

This is 1 trophy we really should be winning due mainly to the fact that so many others can't be bothered with it!
We need silverware and this would be a great starting point. Treat it with respect Everton!

We never learn though, apparently despite not playing in Europe successive Everton managers have thought it ok to field a B team away at rubbish teams in the earlier rounds so we have been knocked out not only costing us a trophy opportunity every year but also European football for at least two years as rubbish teams such as Liverpool and Swansea have won it and robbed us of a place. What's more infuriating is that half the players getting apparently vital game time in these early rounds you don't see for the rest of the season as the first 11 is flogged to within an inch of their life. I honestly don't know why we just don't put the first team out and win the thing for once rather than keeping ourselves fit for a chance of the europa league via the league positions, the outcome is the same except for one you win a trophy.

Agree but we won't respect it, no chance!
It's not a case of not respecting it. We'll have to rotate the squad of course but we have a very strong squad now and if we didn't rotate it at all we'd fail on all fronts, and half the squad would be totally demoralised.

Status
Not open for further replies.