Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Silva will play with 3 CBs today, Holgate joining Keane and Mina. That way the regular pair can just concentrate on getting to the ball first.

Not sure where this confidence is coming from - Has anybody seen us play away from home over the past 10 years?
Our league away record for the last 10 completed seasons is P 190 W48 D68 L74. Unbeaten in 116 if you want to be glass half full.

I need an Everton win, Everton need an Everton win and Marco is in a fight for his job and needs a win.... based on that I really cant call it. Being optimistic we went there last season expecting the worst and won 5 - 0. COYBs, dont let me down today....

All this conjecture regarding tactics etc...

No matter what players or formation are utilised there is a good chance we will fulfill the same old narrative.

Everton will initially perform well offensively for approximately 15-20 minutes. After no goal results from this effort Burnley will sniff out our vulnerability.

Then comes the sucker punch when Burnley score. We apply some pressure in the second half but then, after no goal materialises, we lie down like a puppy to get out tummies tickled!

Game over and another away loss.

I see this game as pivotal. I really am counting on Everton to bring something different to the table. I hope Marco has worked diligently with them during the week to try and change our method/mentality.

Here's praying...

Burnley 1 Everton 3

Sadly I can raise no enthusiasm for this game at all.

No chance of winning IMO.

Away wins seem like a thing of the past.

The state of Everton today, since a takeover which happened before Brexit and that seems a lifetime ago itself, has me absolutely longing for this international break and I have hated these interruptions to the season since they came into being.

I will “optimistically predict a 1-1 draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.