Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps pertinent to note that Newcastle took forever to win their first game this time last season and ended up finishing the season strongly. We look a lot better than what Newcastle did this time last year..
And then they appointed a competent, experienced, proven manager backed by a board with a clear vision and strategy for the newly-richest club in the world.

Meanwhile we've got blue Billy taking up two seats in the directors box and KT thumbing his way through a rolodex of about 5 people from 3 clubs looking for signings we can acquire for a bag of monster munch and official Denise NFTs.

Could depend on who we bring in this week too.

Even so, we could still go with:

GK: Pickford
RB: Patterson
LB: Mykolenko
CB: Coady
CB: Tarkowski
DM: Davies / Warrington
CM: Onana
CM: Iwobi
RW: Gray
LW: Gordon
ST: RondonMaupay

If we’re insistent on a back three, I’d prefer to see Coleman at RCB than Keane.

Perhaps pertinent to note that Newcastle took forever to win their first game this time last season and ended up finishing the season strongly. We look a lot better than what Newcastle did this time last year..
Arsenal looked horrendous and dropped their first three. We’re obviously not Arsenal but I can see where we’re trying to go.

FSW flattered to deceive last season at this time. Better results but unsustainable, counting on a couple of Townsend golazos and other anomalies. There are still holes in midfield and up front. Fill those and we can start playing football.

I hope anyway.

Taking the positives, all the right teams lost today, picked up a point on 6 relegation possibles. Although makes it more frustrating we couldn't gain 3.

A point is most welcome, especially as they had so many shots which could have gone in on another day. Unbeaten in our last 3 and now have an actual forward available for our next game, we need another one at least but positives to take from this.

Every one of our relegation rivals can claim they have made steps in the right direction. Not sure what ours are if honest. Frank is just about hanging on here.
Corner defense is way better (tho not today and well couldn't have gotten any worse). We seem organized and can string a few passes together (granted w/ no end product) w/o tripping over the ball. So IMO yes we've done a few good things. That being said any "good" work is gonna be outdone by the ludicurious notion that we'll be fine w/ 1 striker who spent a lot of last year injured.

For what's it worth I think LC seems to be speedin' the other direction. It almost seems like the owners don't want anything to do w/ the prem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.