Boycott Bournemouth game

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
The Board can't fail to be aware of fans feelings right now. They may well also know a bit more than we do about the views of some of the players about the situation at Goodison.

I would hope and expect for some sort of statement from the club in the next 7 days, particularly if - as now seems more than likely - we don't win on Saturday.

I agree that Martinez should go now. But I understand that those in charge may hesitate about pulling the trigger hours before our biggest game of the season, leaving an interim manager no time to prepare. So on Saturday we Blues should show our class : no banners, no protests, just support the team.

If Martinez is still in charge by the time of the Bournemouth game, and the club have made no commitment to remove him, that's when we should protest. And by far the most effective statement would be to boycott the game, let them play in an empty stadium. If the Board still have any illusions about holding on to Martinez - which I very much doubt - the publicity this will generate will make their position untenable.

Hopefully the club will see sense and no protests will be necessary.

I think this would be the only way the board would get the message to be honest.

Banners get the press attention, a little radio but nobody could ignore an empty stadium. Having said that, can't see it happening.

The players and manager have all been told they are gone.

Moshiri has got them all together at finch farm and told them " I'm boss at football manager lads, and I've got none of you lot in my side.. I'm a billionaire and I'm jibbing the lots of you off.. Not even arsed.. "

Status
Not open for further replies.