Billy's future

Status
Not open for further replies.
This position behind the striker is a myth.. has he ever played there?? He definitely played the majority of games for Lokomotiv on the left, and the few times i've seen him for Russia in the same position. The people who argue that this is his best position, say because he is not strong enough for the wing... well if he plays in the hole, he is up against holding midfielders and big bruising centre-halfs!

What would we be losing though? Yobo hasn't been an everton player for the past year, neither has Vaughan, Yakubu's been away for the past 6 months and Bily's been a benchwarmer, the fact that we could get around £15m for all of them is blooming fantastic however much of it Moyes gets!

Fantastic? It really isn't. That's 3 of 4 players sold at quite a significant loss. The only advantage to all these players leaving is the reduction in wage bill.

In our position I think he's got to be sacrificed, anything over 4 million and we should sell.

In all honesty, I think his 'talent' is overstated. He has very rare glimpses of quality, but this isn't an Arteta we are talking about. He's nowhere near that level of footballer, and not worth keeping for another season.

In our position I think he's got to be sacrificed, anything over 4 million and we should sell.

In all honesty, I think his 'talent' is overstated. He has very rare glimpses of quality, but this isn't an Arteta we are talking about. He's nowhere near that level of footballer, and not worth keeping for another season.

Is the cold truth. Were not in a position to be carrying passengers at the moment either.

A few boss goals doesn't mask him being absolute crud in possession if placed under any sort of pressure.

Accept it was a bad buy, cut losses and move on. Its best for both club and player.

Im a fan of the boy, but even I have to agree with this.

He lacks heart, BUT and this is a big BUT, im fairly sure we said similar things about Fellaini at 1 point!

Anyway, who the frick would even buy him, damaged goods for sure.

Thought someone would have shown an interest in him by now. There's no doubting his ability but i think this league's too much for him to be honest. He's a decent passer, got great technique and seems to come alive around the 18 yard box but the league seems to quick for him and not only does it sometimes look like we are playing with 10 men but he also takes a lot of Baines game away as i dont think he trusts Bily to cover him when he gets forward. I would like Bily to make it here but can't see it happening, maybe Moyes will give him till January to prove himself but he's been here two years now and apart from a few great strikes he hasn't really offered much else.

Been a passenger for the most part, as others have said a few wondergoals doesnt justify for his poor overall play
Still looks like hes adjusting to the prem but two seasons after being here it just isnt going to happen for the lad
Sell back to Russia to the highest bidder and give ALL of the money to Moyes to spend

Great player who will flourish when given the correct opportunity - in the centre. Great player for Russia, glimpses of some great skill and technique in his play, and recommended by Hiddink, ill keep hold of him for now...

Been a passenger for the most part, as others have said a few wondergoals doesnt justify for his poor overall play
Still looks like hes adjusting to the prem but two seasons after being here it just isnt going to happen for the lad
Sell back to Russia to the highest bidder and give ALL of the money to Moyes to spend

His play isn't the issue for me, he is one of few who tries through balls and can cross. It's the basics that let him down. Give him a difficult shot or pass and he makes it look easy, give him a shot from a yard out or a simple pass and he makes it look hard. Surely that's confidence more than anything?

He's got loads of ability and a great attitude but, if Moyes isn't going to play to his strengths, we're wasting our time. There are loads of similarities between Bily and Beckham. Neither have the pace or trickery to beat a man. Neither relish tracking back. However, both have a wand of a foot and have an excellent reading of the game. Lets get Bily playing closer to the front, where he's shown a poachers eye for goal, and get him on set pieces instead of Arteta. Osman has shown what a run in the team can do. Lets give Bily the same opportunity. He's got two years left on his current deal. Unless a sizeable offer comes in for him during the window, it's worth persevering with him for another year.

He's got loads of ability and a great attitude but, if Moyes isn't going to play to his strengths, we're wasting our time. There are loads of similarities between Bily and Beckham. Neither have the pace or trickery to beat a man. Neither relish tracking back. However, both have a wand of a foot and have an excellent reading of the game. Lets get Bily playing closer to the front, where he's shown a poachers eye for goal, and get him on set pieces instead of Arteta. Osman has shown what a run in the team can do. Lets give Bily the same opportunity. He's got two years left on his current deal. Unless a sizeable offer comes in for him during the window, it's worth persevering with him for another year.

What abilities does he have mate?

I'll start you off:

Unorthodox shooting technique that means he can smash it from range
Gets in good attacking positions

Status
Not open for further replies.