2023/24 Beto

Anticipation, spacial awareness, control, shielding a ball, fitness, finishing, heading, just some on the basic requirements of a striker of which he has none. Give him as much time as you want . Falls into the Kenwright era of might be ok in time [Poor language removed] signing. How about signing someone who is actually even remotely decent? How long ago was that? Lukaku ffs.

Thanks for bring back that memory 😩
However, his inability to find the net regularly – despite his pace often putting him through on goal – led to his gaining, amongst the Goodison support, the affectionate nickname of Stuart "Barndoor" Barlow (from the proverbial saying that an inaccurate person kicking or hitting a projectile "couldn't hit a barn door"). Another nickname was "Jigsaw" – the joke being that "he went to pieces in the box".

Anticipation, spacial awareness, control, shielding a ball, fitness, finishing, heading, just some on the basic requirements of a striker of which he has none. Give him as much time as you want . Falls into the Kenwright era of might be ok in time [Poor language removed] signing. How about signing someone who is actually even remotely decent? How long ago was that? Lukaku ffs.
Lukaku had some half decent support around him and we eventually paid 28mil for him in 2015. Would prob cost doublle that now at the same stage of his career. God know what his initial loan fee was, probably extortiante and started our slippery slope...
Like i have said you could stick Haaland up front for us at present and he wouldnt score. Then all the haters would get on his back until he was sold or loaned out due to extremely low confidence.

Lukaku had some half decent support around him and we eventually paid 28mil for him in 2015. Would prob cost doublle that now at the same stage of his career. God know what his initial loan fee was, probably extortiante and started our slippery slope...
Like i have said you could stick Haaland up front for us at present and he wouldnt score. Then all the haters would get on his back until he was sold or loaned out due to extremely low confidence.
I would have fancied haaland with that header with that header from half a yard out you know.

If he gets a run of games we are down simple as that.... Can't wait for this fella to find his feet. If DCL scores he could go on a run, this lad makes running look difficult.....

I hope he proves me so wrong but I just can't see how he even recoups a third of his transfer fee
The only run dcl has ever had was with ancelotti and James putting them on a plate

Guys not good enough just jogs about winning the odd flick on

Not a question of hating .its stating he isn’t a very good footballer. That’s an understatement.

At best he can be useful/a nuisance coming in in the last 15 minutes to get at tiring defenders. Like the role Anichebe played for a spell. Never in a million years does he start over Calvert-Lewin though. I’d also like to see Dobbin and Chermiti get more opportunities