2023/24 Beto

….the substitute CB seemed much more comfortable against him than Egan but him tiring might have contributed.

His threat comes getting beyond the CBs, there won’t be too much back to goal play but he’s a handful with real strength and pace. He passes my ‘opposition CBs talking about him on the bus home’ test.

Ref gave him nothing all game, also no support ot link from doucore
Doucs was helping more the midfield...and in fact there were many times in the second half where onana was the one supporting beto. Needs better balls from the defense...linking well with danjuma to be fair which is hopeful

Balls into feet wont be his forte, down the sides of defenders where he can use his pace and power will be.

But even when played upto him in the air you have to give him a chance , some of the balls played “ to him” were either waist height or played so the cb could get a run on him and beat him in the air

I thought he faded towards the end, but that's totally understandable. He's been dropped right in the deep end from a standing start.

Really, really impressed with what I've seen so far. Heart, fight, pace, better on the ball than I'd been lead to believe.

I think he's going to be the difference.

He reminds me of the straq but with the ability to kick a football

Doucs was helping more the midfield...and in fact there were many times in the second half where onana was the one supporting beto. Needs better balls from the defense...linking well with danjuma to be fair which is hopeful
midfield is crap for me is something he must change. Garner just offers nothing, is with doucore is his touch is awful . Felt was massive gap between beto and the team hopefullynthe break helps