been to stoke tonight , anyone else go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in stoke so i went..... was a good performance from us, albeit some poor defending from jags for their goal. One little bit of pace and they caught us. It really showed we missed Distin in the centre of defence, because if he was there, i don't think Jerome would of scored. Stoke are an ordinary side that try to bruise their way through matches, this is also the view of a lot of Stoke fans. They are growing frustrated with the lack of any real flare players in the side and many are directing their anger at Tony Pulis - i work with a load of them and it is all that i hear!!! Alot of Stoke fans have respect for Everton for how we have built and progressed. I know we may not feel like it sometimes, but i would far rather be like us, than the barcodes or villa!!Personally i think they are getting a little ahead of themselves, Pulis is building something and has sound financial backing from Peter Coates and the world of Bet365!!! I went last year aswell and the away end was full then, this time it was about 3/4 full. The Brit is certainly an awful stadium, it has to be one of the coldest around too, with the wind whistling through the 2 main stands!!!

was funny tho last night at halftime , i went down to get somethin to eat and all you could smell is pot and skunk and all the smoke was comin from the toilets , the stewards went in there and where actually lovin it so fair play to them for not being jobsworths , hahaha !!

Haha im from stoke aswell . Didnt go the game tho . We were unlucky if it wasnt for there mauling defence we could of goten a few goals

The irony of our fans criticising Stoke over style of play, until Donovan turns up not only do we rely on hoofball unlike Stoke we do it without wingers.

Incredulous.

The irony of our fans criticising Stoke over style of play, until Donovan turns up not only do we rely on hoofball unlike Stoke we do it without wingers.

Incredulous.
No. No. No.

Before January we played a boring stylem of football and got poor results but there hasn't been a team who play like Stoke since Wimbledon. They make even pre-January Everton look like Brazil 1970.

i thought last night we played some good stuff , osman and pienaar we really creative and looked dangerous , we could of really done with baines , because distan got forward but his delivery was shockin , i was fumin at phil jags , because he should of cleared his lines well before they shot for that goal , he jockeyed him for too long which brought him close .

everton sold all there tickets for last nights game because a fella in work rang up for tickets and they said theyve sold out , and to be honest there was much more of us than what there where at the united game , i cant wait for next season now , im gettin into this away match lark , that was me second prem away game with the blues , next season i,ll be goin all the big ones LOL

It will be great to see you down in london next season.

i thought last night we played some good stuff , osman and pienaar we really creative and looked dangerous , we could of really done with baines , because distan got forward but his delivery was shockin , i was fumin at phil jags , because he should of cleared his lines well before they shot for that goal , he jockeyed him for too long which brought him close .

everton sold all there tickets for last nights game because a fella in work rang up for tickets and they said theyve sold out , and to be honest there was much more of us than what there where at the united game , i cant wait for next season now , im gettin into this away match lark , that was me second prem away game with the blues , next season i,ll be goin all the big ones LOL

Not sure how you sold all your allocation, you took the full 3,000 and there were just over 1,000 empty seats. Respectable following all the same but not a sell out............

Didnt go last night, been last two years and vowed never to go to that dump ever again! crap team, crap supporters, crap manager, crap tactics. I get peoples arguement about playing to your strenghths but they have been in prem for a number of years now and they should of moved on....they are a championship outfit IMO!!!

Really surprised by that attitude the kind of stuff that usually comes from an Arsenal fan that. The Oatcake regulars were only saying earlier what a decent bunch they thought Everton fans were as well....................

"We normally go into the same bar each year at Everton and they've always been decent, knowledgable fans from our experiences of them. Proper club."

"Without doubt my favourite 'second team'. Decent fans, great manager, sound players, local owner - the complete opposite of the ****e on the other side of Stanley Park"

"Very balanced fans".

"Always come across as a sound bunch. I went to Everton away on the train on my own this season and I got chatting to a few Everton fans on the way there, they were very friendly and complimentary of what Stoke had achieved. They shared their beer with me on the way down, and I had a beer with them at Preston station on the way home. As said above, a proper club".

Really surprised by that attitude the kind of stuff that usually comes from an Arsenal fan that. The Oatcake regulars were only saying earlier what a decent bunch they thought Everton fans were as well....................

"We normally go into the same bar each year at Everton and they've always been decent, knowledgable fans from our experiences of them. Proper club."

"Without doubt my favourite 'second team'. Decent fans, great manager, sound players, local owner - the complete opposite of the ****e on the other side of Stanley Park"

"Very balanced fans".

"Always come across as a sound bunch. I went to Everton away on the train on my own this season and I got chatting to a few Everton fans on the way there, they were very friendly and complimentary of what Stoke had achieved. They shared their beer with me on the way down, and I had a beer with them at Preston station on the way home. As said above, a proper club".

well said mate , i went the game on tuesday night and was suprised because i was expecting horribleness from the stoke folk , as id heard bad stuff prior the game , but in actual fact they where fine so fair play there like

Some absolute scumbags in the 'standing section' by the away end, like.

Saw some 50 year old idiot in a Stone Island cap shouting 'I'm gonna slit your Dad's throat' and stuff to this kid who was about 9, then everyone around him just laughed and joined in while the kid cried his eyes out. Knobs.

Not sure how you sold all your allocation, you took the full 3,000 and there were just over 1,000 empty seats. Respectable following all the same but not a sell out............

Thats because of segregation. As in seats left empty between the away and home fans.

Segregation in cup games for Everton such as the FA Cup at Goodison amounts to over 700 seats. For normal sell out league games its virtually zero due to the layout in the Bullens.

So Everton did sell out.

Nah, we did have a few empty seats in our end. Probably had about 2,500/3,000 seats. Which is still decent considering it's Stoke on a Tuesday night with nothing to play for.

Nah, we did have a few empty seats in our end. Probably had about 2,500/3,000 seats. Which is still decent considering it's Stoke on a Tuesday night with nothing to play for.

I know for a fact that EFC get an allocation in advance and if they don't think they'll fill it then its returned because the club has to pay for the additional seats.

Also Goodison's away section is only ca. 3000

So even then we'd of filled that.

So for a Tuesday night that was average.

I know for a fact that EFC get an allocation in advance and if they don't think they'll fill it then its returned because the club has to pay for the additional seats.

Also Goodison's away section is only ca. 3000

So even then we'd of filled that.

I saw it with my own eyes.

There were some empty seats by the segregation.

I saw it with my own eyes.

There were some empty seats by the segregation.

Couldn't of been that many. The segregation would just make it look more.

As I said EFC pays for any seats not sold generally. Particularly in "shared stands" where the segregation isn't fixed.

So they usually send the tickets back they don't think they'll sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.