Barkley upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its mad that Ross himself has suggested his best position is upfront:

“I'm a striker,” he told Premier League World. “I feel I can have my greatest impact there because I'm free to roam around the pitch, take players on, have shots and create chances.”

Him and Lukaku could be a great partnership upfront, there's a bit of everything in there and both can take it in turns to come deep to collect the ball.

oh, and all those who had a go at me for suggesting it :dance: (even though I did actually say 4-2-1-2 :confused:)

He pretty much plays up front anyway. As goat pointed out in the Barkley thread, the days of a front two being the likes of eg Sharp and Cottee are long gone.

Last edited:
Its mad that Ross himself has suggested his best position is upfront:

“I'm a striker,” he told Premier League World. “I feel I can have my greatest impact there because I'm free to roam around the pitch, take players on, have shots and create chances.”

Him and Lukaku could be a great partnership upfront, there's a bit of everything in there and both can take it in turns to come deep to collect the ball.

oh, and all those who had a go at me for suggesting it :dance: (even though I did actually say 4-2-1-2 :confused:)

How many strikers do you know that are free to roam around the pitch, poor Ross doesnt even know what a Striker is.

He pretty much plays up front anyway. As goat pointed out in the Barkley thread, the days of a front two being the likes of eg Sharp and Cottee are long gone.

I think that he's been at his best when taking the ball in midfield and skinning players and going on long runs like he was doing in the Arsenal away game last season, but if he could do that against the oponents back four (further up the pitch i mean) he could bang a lot of goals in. We'll have to see what happens but I'd like to see it once we're safe (koff)

I just know that if those two great shots in the game against Kiev had been a little more left they would have been goals, the comments on here would be a lot different. Get off his back. RM has continually played him in bad positions, it is RM who should be feeling the wieght of your criticisms.

I think that he's been at his best when taking the ball in midfield and skinning players and going on long runs like he was doing in the Arsenal away game last season, but if he could do that against the oponents back four (further up the pitch i mean) he could bang a lot of goals in. We'll have to see what happens but I'd like to see it once we're safe (koff)
I know where you're coming from but unfortunately, at the moment, it's a big if. Ross is at his best (so far) finding pockets of space. the closer to the back four, the less space available.

Status
Not open for further replies.