Baines's reduced role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it's Baines, Garbutt or Oviedo, just how many times has our left back picked up the ball out wide and had nothing ahead of him on our left.

That's a big reason for Baines's reduced influence. That and unlike under Moyes, not all of our attacking play is focused through Baines.

He's still got a shed load of assists, like.

In hindsight we should have sold him the summer United came calling. He's not the player he was two years a go, and isn't ever going to reach those levels again.

He's still a good full back but I think we need to look at phasing Garbutt in now. It might look like a step backwards to begin with but I think we'll reap the rewards for years to come.

Not a chance. Garbutt is good but he should start now over Baines because he can do corners and free kicks ? Baines is about 10 times better and one of best 3/4 players.

He'll retire at Goodison.

Arteta was taken off free kicks and corners when he came back from his big knee injury. Moyes said he struggled most when he really had to think about what he was doing whereas in a quick game he didn't take too long to come back.

I reckon Baines will be on set-pieces again in a few weeks.

Unreal comments about selling Baines, still has so much to offer, will be with us until he wants to leave I think. Keeps himself fit and works hard he will be around until he is 37.

Oviedo though will not be with us next year, Moist fancies him over in Spain

His role was bound to change I quess. Suprised when Rom took that peno, though.

Interesting to see what happends cause Garbutt clearly waits his chance...
...Personally I would secure Baines for life and let Garbutt go.

most assisting player in europe 2 years ago i believe. Great penalty taker and when he wants to can hit a free kick bang in the corner.

the guy is a top player for us and if he didnt want to be here or we wanted to sell him then we would have by now. Quality player and perhaps the shared responsibilities is simply to spread the team out more so we have options rather than relying on Baines for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.