Baines & Osman interviewed by Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored so, does anyone think it's a remote possibility that if we qualify for the Champions league group stage and we lose Fellaini that we may be able to sign Rooney back? We'd of had to of sold Fellaini for £30m+ and definitely made the group stages, but at that point I could see it happening, I think he'd want to come and we would have the £30m to make it happen.

I'm bored so, does anyone think it's a remote possibility that if we qualify for the Champions league group stage and we lose Fellaini that we may be able to sign Rooney back? We'd of had to of sold Fellaini for £30m+ and definitely made the group stages, but at that point I could see it happening, I think he'd want to come and we would have the £30m to make it happen.

Swerve.

Not a chance.

It might seem ridiculous now, but if those events transpire, it wouldn't surprise me to see Rooney back in an Everton shirt, a la Shearer leaving Blackburn for Newcastle even though he just won the Premier league.

The 'swerve' was aimed at the ridiculous price. Can see Rooney being back here some time in the future too.

Rooney will be at Everton in the future, he done the correct decision.
Why would a 17year old lad stay at Everton when United (winning the league) are in for you? AND more money.

Its a no brainer.

The 'swerve' was aimed at the ridiculous price. Can see Rooney being back here some time in the future too.

Yeah, it remains to be seen whether Moyes would just bang the lot on one big name player or spread it over 2-3 players, I'm inclined to choose the latter from seeing previous situations where we have sold big name players.

Rooney will be at Everton in the future, he done the correct decision.
Why would a 17year old lad stay at Everton when United (winning the league) are in for you? AND more money.

Its a no brainer.

I can't forgive him and don't want to see him come back. He'll just be a fat blob anyway when he is coming towards the end.
He left us at 18 despite us offering him about £50k p/w and we'd just finished 17th. Knowing he was our best player and we were a big favourite for the drop the year after he left knowing this could probably relegate us, thankfully it never.

I can't forgive him and don't want to see him come back. He'll just be a fat blob anyway when he is coming towards the end.
He left us at 18 despite us offering him about £50k p/w and we'd just finished 17th. Knowing he was our best player and we were a big favourite for the drop the year after he left knowing this could probably relegate us, thankfully it never.

Yup.

He has since won just about everything at Club level, except for the FA Cup.

....great stuff, thanks for posting. Great to see those 2 current Blue Boys on the stage they deserve. Amazing how much more confident Rooney is compared to that youngster at his press conference signing his first pro contract some years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.