Baines Flattered by United Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be wrong but I'm kind of picking up the vibe that it's possible Baines had zero say, perhaps even little knowledge of this deal until it was (as good as) done?

As gutted as I am, we were always going to lose one of Baines or Fellaini this summer, and if I had to choose I'd rather it be Baines.

We've proven we can still play well without Baines in the side. Fellaini is the heartbeat of the team, without him we just fall apart.

As gutted as I am, we were always going to lose one of Baines or Fellaini this summer, and if I had to choose I'd rather it be Baines.

We've proven we can still play well without Baines in the side. Fellaini is the heartbeat of the team, without him we just fall apart.

This all day. Baines is world class but Fellaini is one of a kind.

Its realistic to assume we could lose both, it certainly wouldnt surprise me.

It's nothing to do with 'forward thinking', it's the reality of being a selling club.

I also struggle to see how you think £4m or thereabouts for Pienaar is the 'lions share' of £18m, and how Pienaar is 'over the hill'. A player with that much natural skill on the ball will be a worthwhile member of the squad for years to come.

It's nothing to do with being 'brainwashed' either, it's just accepting where we are and trying to look at the positives of the situation. £18m pays off the banks for another season and will allow us to improve the squad depth, something we are severely lacking.

Moyes will lose a fantastic left back in Baines, but could purchase 3 good players to strengthen positions in which we have been lacking for YEARS.

So you think selling the squad's best and most marketable players who has at least 4-5 years of top class football in him for squad depth is moving forward?

I'll stand by what I wrote earlier in that Moyes will be lucky to see £6M of that money, so £4M is a lot for a mercenary who ironically probably plays better with Baines, albeit he'll come with virtually no re-sale value which doesn't really strike me as a good footballing decision let alone a good financial one.

I accept you trying to remain positive about it all, but selling your key/quality players just to make more numbers strikes me a recipe for disaster, and if this selling club policy carries on, eventually we'll run out of quality players and our once great club will be in a much bigger world of sh¡t.

Im not gonna get into a "whos the best source" arguement.

But I will point out that LCAB has not said, Baines isnt leaving.
And Fox also said Baines doesnt really want to move.

LCAB and fox are the only people I trust source wise and in this case, they are saying different things, but nothing conflicting, as such.

Yeah, that's how I see it.

So you think selling the squad's best and most marketable players who has at least 4-5 years of top class football in him for squad depth is moving forward?

I'll stand by what I wrote earlier in that Moyes will be lucky to see £6M of that money, so £4M is a lot for a mercenary who ironically probably plays better with Baines, albeit he'll come with virtually no re-sale value which doesn't really strike me as a good footballing decision let alone a good financial one.

I accept you trying to remain positive about it all, but selling your key/quality players just to make more numbers strikes me a recipe for disaster, and if this selling club policy carries on, eventually we'll run out of quality players and our once great club will be in a much bigger world of sh¡t.

How much did we spend on Baines and Lescott though? Around £10m. We wouldn't have bought Arteta if it wasn't for the Rooney money and wouldn't have bought Heitinga or Distin if it wasn't for the Lescott money.

Im not gonna get into a "whos the best source" arguement.

But I will point out that LCAB has not said, Baines isnt leaving.
And Fox also said Baines doesnt really want to move.

LCAB and fox are the only people I trust source wise and in this case, they are saying different things, but nothing conflicting, as such.

LCAB/THT say there's been no contact. If no contact, there can't have been any bid nor any agreement. They also say he's valued at 20m, which would seem to say that we wouldn't sell him for 18m. They also say it would come down to David Moyes, while Fox says Kenwright. How is there not conflict there?

LCAB/THT is the only source I trust absolutely. They're always spot on and have never given false info. Others like Fox and fourth_official are reliable but no matter what anyone else says, if LCAB/THT say something otherwise, I believe them first. That's just me. Others can believe what they want.

LCAB/THT say there's been no contact. If no contact, there can't have been any bid nor any agreement. They also say he's valued at 20m, which would seem to say that we wouldn't sell him for 18m. They also say it would come down to David Moyes, while Fox says Kenwright. How is there not conflict there?

LCAB/THT is the only source I trust absolutely. They're always spot on and have never given false info. Others like Fox and fourth_official are reliable but no matter what anyone else says, if LCAB/THT say something otherwise, I believe them first. That's just me. Others can believe what they want.

Are you sauced lad?

Not doing so has also been a disaster for the last few seasons.
It may not be nice to see favorite players go but we have to freshen the squad regularly or we all know what happens.
I think it's a good(ish) move. Everybody knows how we play... "HIT BAAAIIIINES". Week after week we see teams nullify our one & only tactic with absolute ease. We are a much better team when we spread the play.

I don't like the way Fox is being portrayed as a second rate sauce to LCAB/THT. Fox is stellar with info at both ends of the scale. I trust him implicitly, where Everton are concerned.

As some have said, I think they might both be right. Practically it's as good as done, without any OFFICIAL bid being lodged.

Nobody is saying they give false info

But to say he is right 100% of the time is daft

Status
Not open for further replies.