Baines as a CDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuddersfieldToffee

Player Valuation: £10m
Was I dreaming when I read that Bobby was considering Baines as a CDM? If so, I think he would be tops at it, and could become a bit like a Phillip Lahm and show Stevie Me what playing in the defensive midfield line looks like.

Discuss.

Seeing as his main threat and best qualities are going forward and good delivery, I really can't see what he could offer in CM. I like him at LB so a no from me.

Been mentioned a few times on here mate.

It's a no from me. I can sort of see the logic behind it. And Lahm is OK at it.

But for me, we have one of, if not them best left back in the league, so why change him?

I know it was mentioned on here, but did I read something about Bobby and Baines going to watch Bayern play so he could see how he played? If he loses an inch of pace, it mightn't be a bad idea, you know.

Been mentioned a few times on here mate.

It's a no from me. I can sort of see the logic behind it. And Lahm is OK at it.

But for me, we have one of, if not them best left back in the league, so why change him?
Because we have very good deputy left backs and theres a bit of a hole in the middle. I wouldnt wany him there all the time or even for big games, but it cant hurt to try him there so we have cover.

Because we have very good deputy left backs and theres a bit of a hole in the middle. I wouldnt wany him there all the time or even for big games, but it cant hurt to try him there so we have cover.

For sure.

Give it a try. And I think that Martinez did take Baines to see Lahm didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.