Badge

Everton-FC-2013-2014.jpg

I cannot express how much I hate this badge. It makes me want to scream. We had it for one season over 10 years ago and some news outlets still use it when they run stories on us.

I saw this on twitter recently, it’s fan made, but I would much prefer we used something like this, the badge we had from the mid 80s to the early 90s
IMG_2125.png

The Beehive badge: Well I love it. Modern. Progressive. Easy on the eye.

The classic is just that: classic. But also old fashioned and staid.

A clarion call: A modern badge... for a modern stadium... for an ambitious, progressive, forward looking club.

AND, if you look at the team badges on Pickem, ours is the 'Beehive'.

We actually had a really good season with the beehive clip art badge. Most points won in the Premier League era.
It is like a really bad cliche song that happened to be the track that always was on a loop when you had a really good summer holiday - it triggers really good memories so on the one hand you love it but when you look at it on its own merits it is horrendous!

….the Latin phrase is part of our historic identity as a founding member, it should be embraced rather than hidden. I also love that we’re widely associated with our ‘Toffees’ nickname, UTFT.
I love it when people say 'toffees' particularly abroad, had a guy who owned a record shop in Malta ask me who I supported and he went "oh, toffeeman!! Excellent!!!"