BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we first started wearing royal blue shirts in the early 1900's our socks were always either black, navy or royal blue and that was the case for 40 odd years. Full white socks didn't come in for the first time until the 50's.
They never, it was a mixture of either white, blue, royal blue or black; i think we've only had black socks for about 10 seasons in total

Would like to see another cream kit for away or 3rd kit, or even an all white top, shorts, socks with blue trim

They never, it was a mixture of either white, blue, royal blue or black; i think we've only had black socks for about 10 seasons in total
I know, I said we wore black, navy or royal blue in the post you quoted so not really sure what you are arguing? My point was that white socks aren't the "traditional" colour of our socks necessarily, just a the most common colour in recent history.

Check this site which is very reliable and as you'll see the first time we wore mainly white socks was 1957. Our first season in royal blue we had black socks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton.htm

I know, I said we wore black, navy or royal blue in the post you quoted so not really sure what you are arguing? My point was that white socks aren't the "traditional" colour of our socks necessarily, just a the most common colour in recent history.

Check this site which is very reliable and as you'll see the first time we wore mainly white socks was 1957. Our first season in royal blue we had black socks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton.htm

My point was that black socks are rare in our history;

We wore black socks up until the mid 30's (for about 20 seasons in total).
Didn't start wearing fully white until the late 50's

Black socks look boss IMO.

My point was that black socks are rare in our history;

Umbro are releasing this for Universitario de Desportes (Peruvian team I think) for their 90th Anniversary. Hoping we might get a remake of one of ours from the 70's, even if it's not our proper kit...

14U90LEAK1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.