BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So despite the Nike deal having another season (14-15) to run and what few teams in the Football League that were with Umbro quickly ditched them when they were taken over by Nike, you're saying the kits for next season are already done and dusted and they're being made by Umbro?

How do you know this?

Umbro actually moved out of the English game when they were sold by Nike in late 2012 and Nike took their major teams (England and Man City).

I am sceptical about this whole thing though. Umbro now primarily make kits for South American teams (mainly 3rd party style deals) and some Irish teams (through Umbro Ireland). They do still make some international kits including Ireland and Norway. However Umbro very much seem to be on the way out of the game and being owned by a group like Iconix (they don't really do sportswear) doesn't suggest to me that they will be looking to make a move back into football in a big way.

I may well be wrong as I have no insider info but just seems highly unlikely, especially given we still have a year left on our Nike deal.

Anyway, here are some of Umbro's recent efforts (obviously some of them are teamwear templates)...

Deportivo Cali
NACIN2.jpg

Universitario
UNIV2.jpg

Cruz Azul
MAQNA.jpg

Gamba Osaka
GAMBA2.jpg

Club Nacional
Nacional110-1.jpg

St Patrick
StPatricks2014Home2.jpg

Derry
Derry-City-2013-umbro-away-football-shirt-b.jpg

I saw a lot of people on this forum doing their own versions of what they thought the badge should look like. They should do the same for the kit!

if it is umbro and we are their focus in the premier league, i think it will be a good thing. i would love a kit similar to the 95 kit. umbro really looked to be on the up with the tailored kits, then nike took over... i was happy when the nike deal was announced but they put zero effort into anything they have provided for us and the kits are ****

Umbro is like a company living back in the mid 1990s. Their designs are outdated...out of fashion in that sense.

About to stand corrected... if we've broken the Nike three-year deal then there must be some good financial reason.
Me too, was convinced this was bull. Glad to be wrong though given it means we will get truly unique kits and also be their main focus. Should hopefully lead to some good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.