Average age of Best XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

daulbo9

Player Valuation: £225k
In the uni library and would rather do anything but work, so I worked out the average age of (what I believe to be) Everton's Best 11:

Howard
Hibbert Jags Distin Baines
Gibbo Ossie
Mirallas Fellaini Pienaar
Jelavic

The average age of that team is just short of 30, surely thats one of the highest in the Prem

Our Youngest player(s) are Fellaini, Gibbo & Kev at 25, this team is very old and un-Moyes like

Are we win a situation that we need to desperately cut down the age of the squad, or are we fairly comfortable with the age of the squad?

how's it un moyes like? he never plays youngsters and will always sign an old hahnemann/mcfadden instead of giving a youth player just 10 mins a month. it is too high really, but we don't have the financial capabilities to buy young wonderkids.

to be fair though with duffy, junior, barkley and to a lesser extent vellios we have a good young central spine which could be everton for years to come, along with the likes of hammer lundstram (i could go on)

TBH the average age thing is pretty meaningless. We can't afford to go out and spend millions on young players with loads of potential, so we'll tend to buy players in the middle of their careers or later and then sell them and break even or keep them here for the long haul.

Also, i wouldn't count the keeper, as their playing span is way different to most outfield players.

Hopefully Howard, Distin, Hibbert and Osman will all be squad players soon.

You could then go

Butland(?)
Coleman Jagielka Forren(?) Baines
Mirallas Gibson Fellaini Pienaar
Barkley
Jelavic

That takes it down to 25.

Just swapping Hibbert and Distin for Coleman and Duffy would make a huge difference. We have young players availabale if we want to play them.

But that then wouldn't be our strongest team, as Coleman is error prone and Duffy isnt as good as Distin.

Our best 11 doesn't have Hibbert in it.

I disagree, Hibbert is so solid, and we have looked so much better since he's come back (against better opposition)

Each to their own I suppose

But that then wouldn't be our strongest team, as Coleman is error prone and Duffy isnt as good as Distin.

I disagree, Hibbert is so solid, and we have looked so much better since he's come back (against better opposition)

Each to their own I suppose

And yet our biggest problem is that we can't kill games off and score enough goals, something which Coleman would contribute much more to than Hibbert.

Hibbert has definately got better in his latter years. I at one time used to sigh at seeing his name at RB, where as now I accept he will not offer any real attacking threat but will be very realiable and strong defensively. IMO there's games for hibbert and Coleman.

I think with Coleman long term he will be a very good squad player..back up RB ect. But I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be a quality first choice RB for us.

I thought I was alone here in preferring Hibbert... Thank you

To me, it depends on who we are playing. If it is one of Citeh, Arse, ManU, etc., then play Hibbo. Otherwise, against the bottom half teams (especially at home) I'd play Seamie. Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I think they can sort of platoon (to use a baseball term) at RB.

since the right wing of death was reintroduced by Moyes again, althought its been forced on him to some extent, we have become completely lopsided, everything coming down the left, the lack of ambition Hibbert showed against Arsenal was pretty poor at times, when he had space in front of him, City shut down our left handside, and we just humped it forward losing the ball. Look at Jol's interview, you could tell he felt his team were overwhelmed, because the threat was coming from everywhere, Coleman was a huge part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.