Attacking the Gwladys in first halves.....

knowing your history

Player Valuation: £20m
So probably the first time all season we can be reasonably confident the old lady will bow out seeing yet another year of top flight football.

However have to do it more justice than just 5 home wins by late April next season. I remember the final year of Upton Park that West Ham had an incredible home record and only lost three times but with this current squad enthusiasm will only get you so far.

There is something else I'd like to look at though. There's a remarkable statistic that of the 16 visitors this season only three times have scored at the Gwladys in a first or second half. Luton, Man. United and Spurs. That's it. And one of those goals was a goal of the season contender that would sail over the bar another 99 times.

The stats indicate there's something in the theory that away teams just don't fancy attacking the end full of 10k rabid Evertonians and a long way from their own fans and you can certainly see the difference when they're attacking the more sedate Park End.

I'd like to propose then turning the teams around more next season even if winning the toss. The sample size is very small but this season were shooting second half at the Park End in the Chelsea game and was a 3-0 v Palace in 2022. Also the Bournemouth game last season.

I really don't think it's a bad tactic to mix things up and try to get quicker starts in home matches. Emery did this when he first came in at Villa and they started leading home games more quickly and as a result won more and now they're winning 11-12 home games a season.

Will probably get the tradionalists like @davek frothing at the mouth but ultimately there needs to be some outside the box thinking to get more than 5 home wins out of 16 next season as you'll always be in the bottom 6/7 with a ratio like that.

With all the stats people football clubs employ now surely someone will have mentioned it to Dyche and whoever the captain is on the day so perhaps it's time to listen to them.

Given that Dyche clearly asks tarkowski to switch ends away from home, I'd say this is very unlikely.

Plus id hate it, as im in the lower gwladys.

Given that Dyche clearly asks tarkowski to switch ends away from home, I'd say this is very unlikely.

Plus id hate it, as im in the lower gwladys.

You can still see goals in the first half. And then goad the opposition and cheer Pickford wonder saves from very close up in the second half clinging onto a 1-0.

I get it's tradition and all that but the stats simply aren't backing up sticking to tradition currently.

You can still see goals in the first half. And then goad the opposition and cheer Pickford wonder saves from very close up in the second half clinging onto a 1-0.

I get it's tradition and all that but the stats simply aren't backing up sticking to tradition currently.
Perhaps we should stop wearing blue??
I know it's tradition and all that but the stats simply aren't backing up sticking to tradition currently