Aston Villa 1-1 Everton. 14th Jan @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't think we played very well, our goal threat seemed worse than usual. IMO Villa were the better team but that isn't saying much. Both teams just looked sloppy.

Saha and Cahill were a major disappointment today and the reason why I think we played poorly. Saha was unlucky with that header and the penalty call but other than that he didn't do much at all. Tim's shot at the end summed up his performance for me. I'm starting to get fed up with them which I hate because they have been great players for us in the past. They need to be put on the bench, if not for their sakes then for the fans. Drenthe had a shocker but his defending improved, probably still getting over his illness. Felli wasn't horrible but no where as good as he usually is.

Gibbo looks good, he faded a bit but he looks like he might bring something to the starting 11. That was an amazing pass to Cahill, should've had a assist. I think he will give Rodwell some competition.

Duffy slotted in just fine. His personality really comes out on the pitch. He's loud and aggressive and knows how to defend. His distribution wasn't so great but neither is Jag's or Distin's and this is his first start after all. I actually thought he was on par with Johnny (not one of his best games) and maybe even slightly better. Don't think he missed a header today. He is definitely a player. I really like him and hope we see more of him.

Anichebe really surprised me today. He got a goal (fantastic finish) and had a incredible work rate. I think it was the first time I've been worried about him getting an injury. Seems like he has got a bit of form right now, he looks dangerous.

Donovan was boss.

Loved seeing Landon do so well. Die-hard American soccer fans (in general) fawn over Clint, while Landon always seems to be playing second fiddle. Casual American soccer fans hold LD in a higher regard because he's much better known due to playing in the MLS and having endorsements, namely Gatorade.

Gibbo had a great outing, I would have less of a problem letting Rodwell go at this point. Astute signing by Moyes.

It's hard to watch those strikers out there, Cahill needs a shrink. The run on the Gibbo pass was brilliant, finish not so much.

Chico, was just looking at your pre-match write up and the thought struck me that photos 4 and 6 would be great choices for Spot The Ball!

Fellaini was just terrible. 15 million. 15 bloody million.

That is all.

I sure don't agree with that, i take it you watched the match? Lots of good passes and some great defensive tackles. He's almost consistently one of our best players and defences seem to fear him. He also gets a lot of nasty digs from defenders in an attempt to wind him up, but has learned not to react, despite the fact that he gets next to no support from most referees. My man of the match. I must admit, i missed some of the match due to posting here and the stream dropping several times but he didn't do much wrong in my eyes. Didn't see enough of Duffy or Gibson to go overboard about them but they both look promising. Donovan had a great one too of course. I think that everybody but Moyes is agreed that Saha should never start again; still useful as an impact sub though as long as alongside another striker and not brought on to replace one. He's still capable of moments of class but is nowhere near good enough at the moment to play anything like 90 minutes. Cahill: maybe one goal would open the floodgates, i still like his attitude and workrate, but probably no longer adding enough to the mix to justify 90 minutes.

Totally unfair on Fellaini.

Is he not allowed a bad patch? Personally I don't think he's going through one, and as a team when we're not winning games or performing to the best of our ability then the players who do play well regularly will struggle because opposition will know who to target.

Good goal, maybe should have won it?

Hoping Moyes takes note of the through ball which got us a goal.

Mr Duffy Snr. been on yet? He should be well pleased like :)

i am delighted orchard.....i was told on friday shane was goning to start....so i was lucky enough to go over and watch it.....i can tell you there was no prouder man sitting in villa park than me.....i thought he done great for his first full game....i have been reading comments on here for a hour now and i would like to thank everyone for the remarks....so great one ,so ok one and some not so good...for the ones not so good i totally agree shane has a hell off a way to go before he can be considered as a regular...and yes he has got a chance because of injurys in the team....but you only get one chance in this game and for me he has sent a message to moyes and said i will and can do a job for you....i hate to see players get injuryed simple because of the injury shane when through 20 months ago ...but these things do happen and the fringe players have to be ready...shane is home with us for a few days now...and he has learned so much in 2 games it just blows me away....he wants this and he wont stop till he gets it....and fair play to him for having ago...;)

i am delighted orchard.....i was told on friday shane was goning to start....so i was lucky enough to go over and watch it.....i can tell you there was no prouder man sitting in villa park than me.....i thought he done great for his first full game....i have been reading comments on here for a hour now and i would like to thank everyone for the remarks....so great one ,so ok one and some not so good...for the ones not so good i totally agree shane has a hell off a way to go before he can be considered as a regular...and yes he has got a chance because of injurys in the team....but you only get one chance in this game and for me he has sent a message to moyes and said i will and can do a job for you....i hate to see players get injuryed simple because of the injury shane when through 20 months ago ...but these things do happen and the fringe players have to be ready...shane is home with us for a few days now...and he has learned so much in 2 games it just blows me away....he wants this and he wont stop till he gets it....and fair play to him for having ago...;)

Lots of my family are from Derry mate, so was pleased to see the lad do well.

Very sturdy game and a quarter from him. He hasn't done anything out of place. Time will tell I suppose but he's shown enough to start him again there.

Congratulations, I'm sure you've been through a lot to get to this point. You should be rightfully proud.

Ask him how he is getting on with The Wire. I tried to ruin the end for him on twitter beards ago. Apologies like.

He did excellently. If you didn't know the circumstances, you'd have thought he'd have been a permanent fixture.

Very impressive and he's got a hell of a boot on him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.