2023/24 Ashley Young

Mad the praise he's getting.

Other than Pickford and Beto he had the worst passing % of any player and he was dispossessed the most too.

He was absolutely atrocious first half and then all he does is run around for 15 minutes and people think he's incredible. Very odd.
He was bad in the first half and not amazing in the second half either but I don't begrudge him getting the tiny bit of praise he's getting at the moment considering he's been getting slaughtered all season.

He was about to bicycle kick it into the net before he was DDT'd to the ground. Fantastic from the experienced Ashley, then basically forced a penalty to be awarded by hounding the referee to ensure he didn't crumble under pressure at the VAR screen.

Headlock
1712154103145.jpeg

Ashley Young is what he is - a 38 year old playing in a very demanding league. It's not his fault we're relying on him and is a real sign of our off the field failures.
Correct. He’s obviously a top pro and probably good to have around the dressing room but he really should be playing the odd game against lower league opposition in the cups and not doing much else, if we had a decent squad that is.

Fair play to him last night for the pen mind.

really good that he stood up for himself. Juet shows us that he probably is very important in the dressing room. Some players need to learn from his attitude. We have been very harsh on him this season, but we got to acknowledge him for that

Had the ball in a few decent positions and didn't really show his quality. Thought the one thing we would get from him is a bit of quality in the final third (once he had the ball).

He's 39 mate and the only 39+ year old players I've ever seen still do the business are Ronaldo, Buffon and Silva.

Young ain't in that league.

We had a right hand side with a combined age of Gandalf today in a must win game.

Dreadful.

Having slated mr Young a few times I feel it is only right and proper to point out that I did enjoy his mithering the referee and confronting that linesman today. It's about damned time someone got in on the verbals act, taking the fight to the tit with the whistle is something every other side does.