Are we gonna beat Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember in Moyes' last season when Reading hadn't won in their first 11 games and they managed to beat us?

Hopefully the same doesn't happen again on Sunday.

If we Don't (given that if Wolfsburg beat us and finsih top of the group and we end up getting a CL drop out) it proves that the EL is a total waste of time given we are currently 0/6 points s far in games after EL games and 1/9 or 0/9 would be really dissapointing.

Erm what if we win the Europa league?

I'm feeling this to be a bit like when Derby were up a few years ago, we won't smash them, but we will win, and we'll win 2-0 and I'll go for Barkley and Lukaku!

Burnley are quite a robust outfit. They will certainly not be a pushover. They play some good football and are not the easiest to beat. They have just had awful trouble finding the net. Certainly not as bad as their points return might suggest, but then this is a very hard league. I have relatives who support Burnley so I would like them to survive. I just hope they get mullered on Sunday first.

Erm what if we win the Europa league?
I would give everything to win anything including the lge cup but if we get a team that drops out of CL I cant see us doing that and if we gather, say 5 points from 18 following EL group games before christmas, I would stand by my original statement that it is a waste if time, although in the long run it may not be as our lack of points claimed from these 6 group games (potentially) would mean we wont qualify for it next season. Unless we win the Cup, which again I would take.

Time will tell

If we Don't (given that if Wolfsburg beat us and finsih top of the group and we end up getting a CL drop out) it proves that the EL is a total waste of time given we are currently 0/6 points s far in games after EL games and 1/9 or 0/9 would be really dissapointing.
We could get a dropout if we win the group.

The Least Worst teams will face the runners up, then the worst 4 drop outs could face group winners, so you have to pray Jube stop dropping silly points!

We could get a dropout if we win the group.

The Least Worst teams will face the runners up, then the worst 4 drop outs could face group winners, so you have to pray Jube stop dropping silly points!

Where's Dobbo these days?

Martin_Dobson.jpg

Sure he'd love to be at Turf Moor on Sunday

If we are gonna win the EL then we are gonna have to play the best teams in it somewhere along the line. It would be nice to get an easier game in the first knockout stage if we do happen to qualify.
I think we should beat Burnley by a few goals, they haven't been as bad as their points tally suggests but then neither have we.

...ah, Dobbo. Tricky Trevor Steven another fine Burnley link.

Good call, I forgotten that.

Loved Dobbo as a kid, in later years I've always thought there were many similarities between Dobbo and Fellaini (bizarrely especially the way they run)

Where's Dobbo these days?

Martin_Dobson.jpg

Sure he'd love to be at Turf Moor on Sunday

Classy player.

Last I heard, after he got kicked out of Burnley, he was delivering cars. Think he does a bit on hospitality days at Goodison too.
Just shows how much has changed, I doubt many of today's stars will be delivering cars in their sixties.

Status
Not open for further replies.