2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never creases to amaze me that young players keep wanting to go to Chelsea, of all clubs. I mean I guess if all you care about is getting paid, sure. But they just indiscriminately sign loads of players and you end up going in and out of the squad. You are essentially torpedoing your career for the short term buck

It's crazy
Transfers in by season. Everton. Chelsea
2016/7. 7. 5
17/18. 16. 10
18/19. 6. 5
19/20. 7. 1
20/21. 5. 5
21/22. 8. 3
22/23. 6. 14

Not sure this is going to end well. I can see the Bar Codes holding out until deadline day for a low fee. Anthony Gordon could well turn out to be a great player but at the moment his main value is potential. So realistically, a fair price for him would be £20m up front plus £30m add ons which probably wouldn't be acceptable or much use to us. The transfer collapses and he is forced to return to training with his tail between his legs. What a club ?

I'm not using 'big chances' but simply chances. He is our no.10 and in 16 league games has created 8 goalscoring opportunities for team-mates.

It's good that he shoots a lot, but given he's scored three goals from those shots (two of them excellent finishes, one of them a tap in into an empty net) it's hardly something to boast about either. Can we think of one effort he's had where he's really tested the GK? He literally missed a 1v1 the other week in the Wolves game where he had half the goal to aim at.

I don't dislike him as a player. I think he has a ton of potential. But I don't think he's anywhere close to being ready right now and if he wants out (which is a shame) and a club is coming with big money, we have to take it.

Like I said, I don't think Anthony Gordon keeps us in the league, but the money we get from a £35m sale could well do.

Agree to disagree but I think there's a mountain of evidence right now that Gordon is no superstar, and the club should never have tried to make him one just yet.

Doesnt play at 10 really and a player played with we as fans would consider a centre forward, he has high shot rates and low creation rates - thats indictive of having to do it all yourself really - which t be fair to the las isnt far from the truth. Sky had a stat accumulation of im that would also indicate a level of effort but also the isolation i describe.

lcimg-1aa0bb50-e46f-435c-b4f6-eb2206a1fcaf.jpeg

I know you aren't going after him mate, but i do believe a lot of confirmation bias goes into unnecessary stats, you will always find the stat that backs up your belief and believe its the correct one. Im not sure there is a mountain of evidence at all mate. Though i think hes a massive Ted for being so unprofessional the last few days, thats just wrong.

Lads a tit tbh. Was only a very short time ago he couldn't even break into the first team. Tons of effort and support from everyone around him and all of a sudden he thinks he is Ronaldo. Has been crap all season ever since it went to his head when Chelsea wanted him.

Cream them for as much money as possible and throw in a free cushion to keep his ass warm on their bench. Then spend the money on a few decent players who want to be here.

He will have been advised to take the action he's taken IMO... Some may say he should have the backbone and professionalism to do the right thing - but he's young and probably feels he's between a rock and a hard place with everything that's going on. I'm not defending btw, just trying to see it from his perspective.

Still, doesn't leave a particularly pleasant taste though.

So chance creation is waffle unless it leads to goals mate.

It is meaningless stats without end product. That said, if he was forcing a world class save from the keeper every game, chances are we won't be pointing fingers at him. He'd just be considered unlucky.

If he is pea rolling a soft 35 yarder into the keepers hands 4 times a game just to attain decent measurable metrics, then he isn't doing enough despite have 3 more shots on target every match.

I've said before if you've taken on and beaten a winger in your own half that isn't the same as taking on a full back on or around the opposition penalty box, but it probably counts the same in the eyes of the stats.

He will have been advised to take the action he's taken IMO... Some may say he should have the backbone and professionalism to do the right thing - but he's young and probably feels he's between a rock and a hard place with everything that's going on. I'm not defending btw, just trying to see it from his perspective.

Good point mate, wonder who is agent is.

Unique Sports Group.

Status
Not open for further replies.