another Whoopsie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club said to come early. If 10 000 odd fans all want to pay on the turnstile 10 mins before kick off it's not really the club's fault

Bollox. I got there 25 mins before the scheduled kick off and the q's were huge.

People weren't paying on the turnstile they were picking up tickets. The club knew how many tickets were being picked up and didn't cope with the situation. Some people only got into the ground just before halftime.

The club had a shocker, end of story. Got to the ground in enough time and had to queue for over an hour.

Missed the 4 goals along with thousands of others, with work and living 45 mins from the ground you cant expect someone to turn up hours in advance for an evening kick off. The collection office is clearly not big enough and the system they have is appalling.

Leyton Orient at home, FA Cup 2003ish ring any bells with anyone?

That was pay on the day, at the time I was a season ticket holder, tried to pay on the day and got locked out as it was a sell out.

the club should not expect fans to get to the ground more than a hour early.
an hour is a long time to wait for a piece of paper to get you access to the ground.

If only tickets were available to be purchased before matchday!

oh wait...

But you would expect the club to be able to handle a service they offer. Its a one off and some of the beauts banging on about Evertons abilty to **** the world up are a bit over the top but so is ****ging people off for not picking their tickets up beforehand.

If only tickets were available to be purchased before matchday!

oh wait...

Are you honestly criticising those who paid for tickets for a League Cup game for not turning up over an hour early rather than the club for bastardising the process?

F*cking great to see so many bellend blues rip into other blues without knowing the facts.

I booked my ticket in advance but got told Id.have to pick it up at the stadium. Phoned up and was told half an hour in advance was fair enough. So got there at 7.15pm. Queued in the rain to eventually get in the stadium at gone 8.35pm.

You think that's sound? Piss take.

If 3k Everton fans turn up (thats the number many people are suggesting as a minimum) even say 45 minutes before kick off what are the club to do? Lets say it takes roughly a minute per person... thats 3000 minutes of staff time. Even if they had 50 ticket staff on 50 windows it would still take an hour to process everyone. And no club in the world would dream of employing that many staff on that many windows.

I ordered mine on my season card a week or so ago and entered the ground hassle free. I feel very sorry for those blues stuck outside but its not something to go mental at the club for.

So it's a midweek cup game with a heavily discounted ticket price. What were the club expecting? That supporters would turn up half an hour before kick off to buy a ticket and in doing so would queue and miss the entire first half? This is a f*cking Premiership football club. What gives?

As I said I turned up to collect a pre booked ticket and if the game would not have been put back I've have missed the entire first half. As it is I missed the first three goals and had to queue in the rain before getting to my seat at gone 8.35pm. It's sh*te really. Despite pre booking a ticket I was told to queue in a massive queue containing everyone. Would it not be too far fetched to suggest a provision of a separate queue for those who've already purchased a ticket?

Regardless, it was an absolute shambles. Let's not give the club an easy ride here when it's just f*cked over a few thousand of it's own fans by being incapable of handling a match day even filled less than 65% of it's capacity.

You can be contrary for internet's sakes but you're being very ignorant.

So it's a midweek cup game with a heavily discounted ticket price. What were the club expecting? That supporters would turn up half an hour before kick off to buy a ticket and in doing so would queue and miss the entire first half? This is a f*cking Premiership football club. What gives?

As I said I turned up to collect a pre booked ticket and if the game would not have been put back I've have missed the entire first half. As it is I missed the first three goals and had to queue in the rain before getting to my seat at gone 8.35pm. It's sh*te really. Despite pre booking a ticket I was told to queue in a massive queue containing everyone. Would it not be too far fetched to suggest a provision of a separate queue for those who've already purchased a ticket?

Regardless, it was an absolute shambles. Let's not give the club an easy ride here when it's just f*cked over a few thousand of it's own fans by being incapable of handling a match day even filled less than 65% of it's capacity.

You can be contrary for internet's sakes but you're being very ignorant.

What should the club do then? I understand your pissed off and so i would i be... but what are the club meant to do?

They have 2 options... stop selling tickets about 5 days before the match therefore losing sales but allowing themselves enough time to post them out. Or employ in the region of 75 staff just for handing out / selling tickets aswell as building a very large ticket office with 75 windows to accommodate said staff for handling both sides of the operation (handing out pre booked tickets aswell as selling new ones)

The obvious answer is to not sell tickets on the night but then you will get people moaning about that. Unless things are perfect the club cant win either way. Tonight may have been a bit **** and im sure lessons will be learnt but its not all their fault.

Perhaps in the future people will buy their tickets further ahead of time and not have to collect on the day.

What should the club do then? I understand your pissed off and so i would i be... but what are the club meant to do?

They have 2 options... stop selling tickets about 5 days before the match therefore losing sales but allowing themselves enough time to post them out. Or employ in the region of 75 staff just for handing out / selling tickets aswell as building a very large ticket office with 75 windows to accommodate said staff for handling both sides of the operation (handing out pre booked tickets aswell as selling new ones)

The obvious answer is to not sell tickets on the night but then you will get people moaning about that. Unless things are perfect the club cant win either way. Tonight may have been a bit **** and im sure lessons will be learnt but its not all their fault.

Perhaps in the future people will buy their tickets further ahead of time and not have to collect on the day.

Theres a lot the club could do.

1. spend a bit of money on the clubs infrastructure and have a larger modern collection office.

2. Change the system within the collection office, it took them at least a minute to take my details, go to the back and then find my tickets. They could alternatively have the machines they have in the box office and print them there and then in a fraction of the time.

3. Hire more staff

And its not a case of learn from this and move on, its happened before for the Metalist Uefa cup game, where they eventually just opened the turnstyles and let everyone in.

Great club, amateur service.

F*cking great to see so many bellend blues rip into other blues without knowing the facts.

I booked my ticket in advance but got told Id.have to pick it up at the stadium. Phoned up and was told half an hour in advance was fair enough. So got there at 7.15pm. Queued in the rain to eventually get in the stadium at gone 8.35pm.

You think that's sound? Piss take.

Hahahahaha

Bet you was fuming lad, You should have shown everyone in the queue your triceps lad and demanded they move before you got them all in a mass head lock

Status
Not open for further replies.