Another draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotto

Player Valuation: £750k
First of all a good result today and wednesday (not bad) hopefully this is the start of a good run.

However 1 win in 9 and 8 daws from 15 games is rather worrying. How we are still in the top 6 is a miracle.

For me its more like 2 points droped than "at least we never lost" to me.

Theres that clinical edge missing. The killer instinct/match winner.

Pienaar has definately lost a yard of pace (that he never really had anyway). Or he is carrying an injury because hes just not the same player as last season.

Mirallas offers an edge and i dont think we've had the best 11 fit for 10-11games now so maube thats why we just cant get over the hill.

Id rather draw than lose but sometimes the draw feels like a loss, its very frustrating to be an Evertonian this season because you expect more....

There is definateley something missing!!

The positive for me is that we are in bad form not losing games, most teams go through a bad patch. If this is our bad patch then we're going to do alright.

This time last season we had about 16 points

We are improving and quickly,We do need to finish more of our chances but having only one proven striker in the squad does not help

there is something missing chum and I know what it is. its a full force negaweb from my own fair hand. do you want this buddy?? **clambers over apartment roof and adopts offensive stance**

The positive for me is that we're playing well and our heads haven't gone down.

If we were getting out played that's one thing but we're still doing alright. We need to start winning games, I agree, but you can see us doing it at least.

We've continued to play largely good football in the absence of Gibson and Mirallas. With Gibson back and Distin recalled we looked a lot more solid. We've got a really good starting XI, I hope we get a good few games with it.

City fan hit the nail on the head on another forum.

Everton are really hard for any team to beat this season. But didnt look good enough to go on and win the game.
thats spot on for me. Especially recent draws. Weve looked tough to beat but struggled to get a winner or create the chances

Everton are really hard for any team to beat this season. But didnt look good enough to go on and win the game.
thats spot on for me. Especially recent draws. Weve looked tough to beat but struggled to get a winner or create the chances

I think we've largely created enough chances, to be fair. They just haven't gone in.

West Brom are the only team this season to have outplayed us and that was partly because we had an off day. We were comfortable again today. If we can intersperse the draws with a few wins we could feasibly overtake Chelsea.

City had taken 89 of the previous 93 points on offer at the Etihad.

I know what you're saying. Some of our results have been very frustrating. However I see that as a sign of progress.

We're pissed off drawing with Norwich, one of the most in form teams in the league. And we could and should have battered them.
We're disappointed drawing with Arsenal who, while nowhere near their best version, are a team well capable of snotting anyone.
And we draw at the home of the champions. Last season most on here were fuming for our attitude at City. This year we've taken the game to them whenever we could and caused them problems.

We're trying to play football and generally doing it pretty well. As I say, I know where you're coming from. It's just that I've got a different perspective on it. The goals will come.

I'd only say that applies to today's performance away from home against prob the best team in England and one of the strongest squads in Europe on paper.

Every other draw we have had this season we'v looked more than capable of going into win the game we just unfortunately havnt put the ball in the net...not for the lack of trying!

City had taken 89 of the previous 93 points on offer at the Etihad.

I know what you're saying. Some of our results have been very frustrating. However I see that as a sign of progress.

We're pissed off drawing with Norwich, one of the most in form teams in the league. And we could and should have battered them.
We're disappointed drawing with Arsenal who, while nowhere near their best version, are a team well capable of snotting anyone.
And we draw at the home of the champions. Last season most on here were fuming for our attitude at City. This year we've taken the game to them whenever we could and caused them problems.

We're trying to play football and generally doing it pretty well. As I say, I know where you're coming from. It's just that I've got a different perspective on it. The goals will come.

Cracking post Jao.....nail on head.

Status
Not open for further replies.