Anichebe Out - Crouch In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom1878

Player Valuation: £60m
Everton striker Victor Anichebe will be put up for sale this summer after a breakdown in his relationship with manager David Moyes.
The powerful Nigerian striker will be used to try to raise funds for a new centre-forward, with Peter Crouch a surprise target.

Anichebe, who would fetch about £3million, has been in dispute with Moyes at various times this season and their relationship reached a low point when he was sent home from training in February, even though he was the club's only fit striker at the time.

article-1179950-039F5C46000005DC-496_468x373.jpg

On his way out: Victor Anichebe

He has not scored since August and is sidelined with knee ligament damage. Crouch faces an uncertain future this summer given Portsmouth's financial troubles.

Moyes may also make a move for Ipswich striker Jonathan Walters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...striker-Anichebe-Moyes-fall-out.html?ITO=1490

Just another Daily Mail rumour, but Anichebe would do well in a lower team, we would get some money - for a player we dont really need - and if the Crouch part is true im up for it. I think he's a good striker.

We can't afford Tevez but.... wow, what a player. I don't like him but I can be easily persuaded if he were to wear the EFC blue.

How can you not like Tevez? The dude even made WH and United somewhat likeable. He's the type of creative player we need in the final 1/3. Never ever dogs it, and always plays with passion. Even when he 1st came to the prem and couldn't hit a side of a barn the WH fans always chanted his name because instead of sulking he always gave 100%. Remember after Curbshisley actually found out who Tevez is the entire attack went through West Ham and he single handedly (well w/ a little help from the FA, Howard Webb and Hulse's broken leg) dragged West Ham to safety. He created or scored about 80% of WH's goals the last 2 months.

Its a shame he's on United where he's just the 5th option who's role it is to just poach goals. We are being denied the opportunity to see one the great playmakers of this generation. He needs a proper club in which in the final 1/3 the ball is always at his feet. A club like ours. Plus he'd love to play for our side no one gets more energized by great fan support. If Kia was smart he'd loan him out to us for a year or 2, after people see what he can do once he gets more touches he'll be worth at the minimum 2X his current valuation of 20-25M.

Crouch? Good player, me thinks he's a bit of a **** (edit is t---w--a---t a bad word? oh fiddlesti$%^) though. If anything getting him would be nice for the fact that we won't have to worry about him killing us 2-3 times/year.

Last edited:
Sell, Anichebe might not be a problem if we could find a replacement, but surely a 3M for a striker is a joke, a striker who has Premier League and Europe experience, not to mention scoring some goals in them.

If a potential untry midfield or striker from the lower league is calling around 10M, surely Anichebe could fetch similar fees, I hate those stupid article keep writing things to sell our player on the cheap, while other top team unwanted player are calling 10M+.

yeah no thanks for crouch yobo and nev play enough long ball without a street pole up front

Crouch is quality, ex kopite, or not, looks gangly, but facts are he is very good. I'd take that deal.

Crouch has scored goals for every team he's played for. I'd have no worries at all if we took him.

Sell, Anichebe might not be a problem if we could find a replacement, but surely a 3M for a striker is a joke, a striker who has Premier League and Europe experience, not to mention scoring some goals in them.

If a potential untry midfield or striker from the lower league is calling around 10M, surely Anichebe could fetch similar fees, I hate those stupid article keep writing things to sell our player on the cheap, while other top team unwanted player are calling 10M+.

I think £3 million is a reasonable fee for Anichebe. He is not exactly prolific is he and he did not cost the club a penny. He may have Premier League and European experience but for me, he seems unable to be affective for 90 minutes.

yeah no thanks for crouch yobo and nev play enough long ball without a street pole up front

Agreed, signing a player of Crouch's height would only encourage the back four to continually look for the long ball outlet. He has a decent scoring record but him upfront could see the end of watching the team playing decent passing football.

I can see what people say about Crouch being a useful player, but apart from inducing more hoofs, I just don't like him

Status
Not open for further replies.